Sunday 23 June 2024

Ramana sahasram-jun 2024-1

 https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

9) The gracious look You set on me is the same with
which I can look at self (You). Therefore, bestow
Your final divine look on me, so that I shall see You
deep within.

10) The "True Seeing" means one/s seeing oneself.
"Seeing Other" - can it not be other than blindness?
Therefore, see me so that I shall ever have that
blissful gracious look Self-ward with great love

11) O Arunachala Ramana, the foremost who shines as
‘Il am' without the rising not allowing the "ego I" by
the rising of which all that is false seemingly raises;
show me Your sweet face to me who is longing for
It.

12) I am not the one to slip away from You as You have
brought me only to destroy my ignorance (worldly
ignorance); will it be proper if You delay to put me
in Your path of safety. Therefore, fix Your gracious
look on me.

13) My great desire is to obtain by prayer the sacred
dust of the Feet of mighty Ramana which restores
for me my natural state where I remain alone as
mere "I am" being rid of all thoughts.

14) O Bhagavan, there will be no one who will be as
happy as I shall be, if You give me a small particle
of sacred dust of Your Feet in chit-ananda which
ever shines in the same manner without
undergoing the change of being present once and
absent in another time.

15) By knowing that my own destruction is my
real existence and by having unequal desire for my
own destruction and through the glance let me
attain my real existence by my own destruction.
Bestow upon me thus, the experience of Your
eternal presence.

16) If You give me the unobstructed surging experience
of knowing that Your presence is truly everywhere
and that everything (in the world) is nothing but
Your own form, that alone will be the kind divine
gift Sat-Chit-Ananda lovingly to me.

17) If I am, unforgettably aware of Your presence
within me that You are witnessing every thought of
mine, can any hurdles of maya's vices approach me
(not at all)

18) O, my dearest by Your Grace give me the fool, who
is ever weeping unable to get out of the deep prison
pit of ahankara -- the house of liberation by Your
Grace and give the boon of Your presence not
leaving that state

19) Will You not make me to live among Your real
golden devotees instead of wasting my life by living
among worst people, O Lord Sonachala Ramana,
will You not look at my state with Your
compassionate eyes?

20) Help me so that I may sprinkle the dust on me of
the divine Feet of Your disciples who attained Atma
Siddhi by performing tapas at Your Feet discarding
all delusions, the dream of waking and all anxieties
therein.

21) Dissolve and retain me in the experience of Your
devotees who melted away even their bones in You,
who immersed in the Heart by the well ripened
sweet love which has never been seen before.

30) Make my eyes glow well with the true heroism even
in the midst of poverty which is the sign of divinity.
For is it not the real fortune for the mind to revel
more and more in the reassurance of Grace (rather
than having the worldly wealth?)  

33) Give me the strength not only to forgive those who
do wrong to me but also to forget the wrong. Make
me stand firm in that unequal state where I will
merge in You and will have no existence of my own

36) I have You, my Lord who provides me place to live,
food to eat and clothes to wear and all other
requirements in my life. Therefore, bless me so that
the poverty in the form of desiring for the needs of
my life go away from me.

41) Take me to and fix me in the unshakeable state of
sahaja

46) This world dream will end one day, this body will
die and vanish. The direct experience of Self
knowledge through discrimination by Self-enquiry
is alone the unending reality. Ah, why do I not
understand this and attain?


47) Let me be prey to Your Grace through the well
settled discrimination that the experience of
abiding as Heart is the real happiness and that all
the sense pleasures are mere mirage. Shine as
Heart destroying me.

48) If You give me such courageous intellect by Your
Grace to firmly determine that any activity except
loving and abiding in the Heart is useless, I will not
request You even a bit (atom) of anything else.

50) Make me live in the clarity of Vairagya - not
desiring for anything even a bit outside, and always
to live in Your memory; "The Feet of my Guru
Ramana alone is my protection".


52) Unite with me so that the strength of my false mind
be destroyed, which does not have love towards
Self (Heart) even though it has heard the real and
golden words of Your teachings. "Except from Your
Feet, the heart, the souls do not get an iota of
pleasure from anything else".

54) Just as one who was eating a palm fruit throws it
away as soon as he tastes the sugar candy, make
me give up the innumerable sense pleasures by
bestowing upon me the chance of first tasting the
bliss of liberation

55) The mean idea, that the seen - subtly the thoughts
and in gross the body and the world etc. - are very
tasteful things is the reason for the mind to wander
more and more. Take the responsibility and destroy
this mean idea from me.

59) Bestow upon me such a grand vairagya that I shall
be glad with whatever becomes available to me of
its own accord instead of thinking about anything
as "I need this one and that one"

66) Bestow Your Grace upon me so that I shall not be
caught into the deceitful anger, but to subside
within with the mind well controlled by viveka
(discrimination) that except for my prarabdha none
other is in any way responsible for any misery that
comes in my life.

67) Give me Your slave who at all times falls at Your
Feet and prays for the strength to live undisturbed
by moving with unlimited patience (forbearance)
even towards those whose nature is ever to create
troubles.

90) I am unable to abide firmly in Self-Attention due to
the wild possession of the ghost "inadvertence"
(pramada). Give me fast, the boon that the missile
of Grace targets the ghost and makes it annihilated
to the root.

93) Oh, my lord be gracious to me a little, so that my
mind which slips down and wanders away due to
inadvertence, should have unceasing love, get fixed
firmly at You become one with You and enjoy Your bliss.

116) Bestow Your Grace upon me so that I shall drown
deep in heart by vichara destroying the
accumulated past vasanas which are so strong that
they rise from chittam stealthily all of a sudden and
rob off the strength of even a well balanced mind
and spoil it.

119) Will any vasanas survive without depending upon
an 'I' the form of mind? If You, the Lord destroy
today itself this 'I', the ego which one of the
vasanas can remain anymore?

120) Unless the vasanas which are continuously
obstructing and spoiling all the efforts taken from
my very early days when I took this body are not
destroyed by Your Grace, Oh, Ramanesa, what can I
do further?

....make me merge in Your Feet, the True Jnana which
does not know any otherness (bit of differentiation)


This thinking
mind is nothing but chittam, a tiny reflection of
Self. Oh, the pure one, destroy the chittam and
shine as self alone.

123) Vasanas the impressions of the past karmas are the
cause for the rising of the ego 'I'. But now I, Your
slave, pray to You and call for Your help. Graciously
protect me from vasanas (henceforth) and You (self)
shine forth.

124) Turn me into a purified lustrous gold (mind) by
burning me in the fire of Jnana and may that fine of
blissfully cold ocean shine excelling the brightness
of even the millions of Suns.

...the
deluded poor fellow who not knowing who I am
takes due toe the darkness of ignorance, the
adjunct, the fleshy body as 'I',


133) By Your Gracious churn bring out all vasanas stored
in me for ages and destroy them totally while
churning by Your Grace when vasanas rise up, lift
up my level so that I could bear whatever
difficulties I may have to face.

134) Here is this fellow, one 'I', because of his existence
there appears millions of evil and miserable lives on
earth. All these are nothing but the impure nature
of this 'I'. Graciously purify and free him from all
the impurities and reveal the reality that You alone
exist.

135) All Your devotees by being Your real slaves attained
liberation in such a manner that they will never
come back (into this world). But though 'I' the fool
has no love for You. By Your Grace kindly remove
all my mad delusion and let me go into Your home
of liberation.

138) Though I ask You thousands of boons other than the
boon to turn Self-ward, be gracious not to give me
those boons which will not help to pull back my
mind within and to make me quiet; And do not give
that will only be a hindrance (?)

143) Give me in such a way that it will become easy for
me to turn Self-ward without attending to other
things (the world) that seemingly exists because of
my slackness in Self-Attention.

146) Remove my mental delusion in which I live
mistaking this dream as my real life. Are You not
my kind father who is capable of restoring me back
to Self-Attention removing my world attention.
Kindly do so by Your Grace.

..

.........so that the mind of Your
slave will turn inward and remain in peace without
being deluded.

151) Ido not have so much eagerness to turn inward as I
have towards outward. What (tapas) shall I do to
obtain greater love to turn inward (ie., towards
self) than the love I have towards the deluding
attention.

152) Fix me in the grand Self-attention where I cannot
have any liking even in the least to see anyone of
the second/third person objects and where the 'I
and mine' (matured) will never rise at all due to the
very advanced Self-Attention which will grow there
more and more.

153) If You bestow upon me the intense desire to gain
the happy state of being still and to have not even
the least desire towards the external delusion an
thus fix me in the Heart, then all my fear will
vanish. Kindly, give me only this.

157) The power (the rising I) which binds me with this
body, the corpse is like a very poisonous snake and
it is very difficult to destroy it. Give me the only
boon that it should be destroyed by Your Grace

158) I do want a boon from You but it is nothing against
Your will. It is this:- In order to prove and establish
as a perfect slave of You, I should not think as 'I' or
‘mine’.

159) O my Lord, an 'I' to know other things should not at
all rise but drown in You and die. This is the one
and only boon I beg to get from Your sacred,
dharmic, blissful gracious Feet.

160) O my Lord, I the mighty demon, who in the past
accumulated vasanas, now, today, pray to You for
my own destruction. Only by Your Grace now I got
this good decision. My only wish is my own
destruction. Be gracious.

161) What else if my desire than to have the complete
annihilation of 'I' the ego?...

163) I rise in the body as 'I' and go on functioning my
whole life as if I am the body itself. Without
knowing what is the reason for this rising. Subside
this rising and shone as the true 'I'. Be gracious.
164) The rebellious mind, the more it remains in this
body, the more it is being trapped within the hands
of Maya, gains taste towards the non-existent false
appearance (of this world), thinking as if the world
is the source of happiness, forgets You. Kill this
wicked mind.

165) Sooner, the mind rises (which is a reflection of the
consciousness) a body will appear (as if I), then
rises the world (through the five senses in the
body), then rises (karmas) actions. O the destroyer
of death, protect me destroying the first rising (the
root of the mind) which is the source of all other
things.


166) The rising of the 'I', the ego is itself is a misery.
Therefore, whatever happiness rises from this ego,
will be nothing but a misery. Kindly destroy this
egoistic rising - I, though for whatever reason it is
rising, by bringing it under the sway of Your eternal
bliss.

170) By getting a life with full of wealth, power, position
and glory among (many) people, the ego does not
subside even a little. It waxes more and more
taking more forms. Therefore destroy this ego by
Your Grace.

175) The foolish mind slipping away from abiding in Self,
first knows a body as 'I' and then a world in front of
me as real. Why does it rise so? This rising is highly
improper for me. Therefore Gracefully destroy it.

176) Destroy my ‘I am this body’ idea which is an
obstacle to attain the priceless supreme divine life
of self, the eternal knowledge where the delusion of
the body awareness ceases to exist.

177) You are the 'Being - I' where the rising ‘I' does not
exist. Bestow Your Grace upon me, who, in all my
days of worshipping You, is weeping before You and
sincerely begging to You so that the rising 'I' should
drown in You, the being 'I'

181) Guru Ramana, instead of You, my Lord, I the slave
should not rise and say ‘I will do this'. Let this
rising be destroyed and annihilated by the power of
Your Grace with Your cool heart.

185) Hereafter bestow upon me that I do not feel any
(beingness of body) conscious of the body separate
from self. Is it not now essential for You to provide
me the life of ever remaining at Your Feet attaining
which one can never have movement of birth and
death.

193) Since even the skilful intellect which has learned
the vedas and vedanta is destroyed when Self-
knowledge dawns and thus since even the vedas
become avedas (not at all the knowledge) -
ignorance, kindly swallow all such ignorance as
nivedhana (food offering to You).

194) Is he (the 'I') not an unreal one who knows the non-
existent (world) as existent? Where from this unreal
one (I) gets power to see so except from You, the
really existing one? O my Lord, kindly destroy him
(me) so that I do not exist any more.

199) O the one who glanced me in the form Sri Ramana
Guru, and took me as Your own, why did I rise
instead of remaining in You (self) who bestows bliss
more and more when I remain in You. Help me
again to subside in You without rising by showing
me the secret.

206) Since I who rose first, myself is a thought, I cannot
hereafter remain without thinking. Therefore, to
fall back and drown in You, is the state of
thoughtlessness. Bestow this worthy boon on me.

207) O my Lord, by Your Grace give me the well
established state of Self-existence without rising to
the first thought from (‘I'). Enough of miseries I had
experienced by the rising of the mischievous
delusive mind because of my not remaining quiet.

209) Why did I rise? Why did I rise? Alas from now at
least, give me the boon of not rising again (as 'I').
Destroy by Your Grace all multitude of vasanas
accumulated in me because of my rising as body.

215) Let my mind, speech and body function only if it is
driven by Your Grace. Make them act along the line
of Your Grace having no liberty of their own.

217) O my Gurudeva, till this body lives on earth have
me under Your strong grip of Grace so that my
mind, speech and body cannot do anything against
Your will.

218) Now I understand very well that I am unfit to bear
the wealth of Your Grace. But though my mind is
very wicked. I do not know anyone else except You
as my refuge. Therefore kindly You alone guide my
mind.

223) When will that day dawn in which You will make me
abide in the state of self (as mere sat)? Make me
remain in the state of mere being consciousness
where I can know neither me as a separate entity
nor any other thing apart from me.

226) Instead of attaining the inexpressible state where
there will be no other thing but You alone as the
real existing thing, I am deludingly mistaking the
rising of the false mind as the real 'I' and suffer.
Hence, fix me in You as one without the second.

230) “As the seer so is the seen", Hence graciously fix
me as one, the Heart which has no thought and
purna with the eye of self and be one in sahaja by
Your Grace and retain me.

232) Subside me in Heart as Heart where 'I' will drown
in Self-Attention, the consciousness of bliss and
where no world-attention will rise and thereby all
my miseries will end.

234) Not attending to objects which are seen let my
attention with love be fixed on me, the seer, who
see them now. This is the correct path of really
loving You! Give me zeal, attract and pull me to this
real path.

240) Of all the pictures in the false world appearance, 'I'
the seer is the first false one. The root cause of this
appearance is the slackness in love towards the
self; is it not? O my Satguru, since You are my real
self, graciously pull me to You.

........cont.......









No comments:

Post a Comment