Tuesday 25 June 2024

Ramana sahasram -3

 https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

378) Quickly set the fire of pure Jnana on the heap of
vasanas accumulated in the dangerous pit of
chittam, burn them to ashes and make me realise
the truth free from all bondages.

379) Set Your fire of Jnana so that the fire of my desires
which blazes forth and subsides only a little when
the worldly pleasures are fulfilled but flares up
again and again fierce-fully (?) will be burnt
completely.

384) Until I drown in the beauty of self and experience
it, this present life of mine cannot be understood as
a dream. Set Your fire of Jnana in me in order to
turn me selfward and thus reveal Your formless
divine dance as 'I-I'.

385) Instead of obeying Your instruction and thereby
enjoy the bliss of self, I due to laziness, I am
sleeping through the wicked senses and I am
weeping not knowing how to wake up from this
sleep. by Your Grace wake me up.

386) Nothing (no attainment) will be equal to Jnana
awakening; The happiness of Brahma Loka Life
which is experienced like dream is also to be
treated as waste. to get such Jnana awakening
there is only one path the "Who am I?", the Self-
Attention. O my Satguru who has power to wake
me up, Gracefully wake me up.

394) By Your intense union within me make firm the
consciousness of self, devoid of pramada
(inadvertence) so that I shall see the activities in
this seeming world as a mere dream, be totally
indifferent towards them and thus remain egoless.

396) Dispel the darkness of delusion which is caused by
the dirtiest and the pseudo ego (?) which rises
falsely and temporarily associating with the filthy
ugly body as 'I' because of which I do not know You
the one whole that exist (?) ever and everywhere.

398) O my Lord, by Your Grace make me unshakably
understand that whatever happens whether good or
bad is not apart from Your will and Grace and to
have the strength to abide in the consciousness of
the true awakening.

399) My useless activities, thinking that my five sense
(mind) knowledge is my real life is just like an
ignorant fool trodding (?) in a dream. Therefore tap
me and wake me from the worldly life to this real awakening.


400) When really awakened, I who lived in an empty
dream will die and the one who survives then is You,
my Lord who is the only real one in the real waking
of Jnana, where nothing as sleep will creep in Him.

.......
401) Fixing me by Your Grace in the state of Jnana
Nishta, which though (vedas) proclaim it by many words
such as, Om, life, consciousness, heart. This or that (?),
self, etc. has never been shown as an object but as the
true first person singular 'I' feeling.

407) Except the state of true Jnana where the ego 'I'
does not rise, I do not want even the life of Gods in
heavens. All such heavens are  delusive
appearances which can be seen only after the rising
of 'I'. Hence what is the use of them?

410) Make me reach Your Feet restfully, by subsiding
more and more and by merging as one in You
without rising again and thereby to remain as
neither a doer nor an experiencer (?) of any activity.

413) (a) Feed me with the strength to turn selfward and
ever remain in self, by making me know that
nothing can be done by my thinking and that only
abiding in self drowning in the heart is worthy of
attaining by Jiva Swatantra, having lost the rising
of 'T' and all individual efforts.

420) What is life? Is it wandering along with the
thoughts like this? Is it not drowning within,
without the rising of even the trace of a single
thought? Therefore, rescue me by taking me back
from the three states of fixing as me in You, where I
will not get any thought of duality

423) By Your Grace fix me on to that which shines as the
wonderful base of consciousness, so that it
becomes my Sahaja Nishta, as 'I-I', as one without a
second (advaita) and subside.

428) When the water surface moves they are called
waves, when the waves become still it is ocean, so
also if the wandering mind becomes still it is self. O
my Lord, why should I wander? Still me by Your
Grace and turn me to the self.

429) The good tapas done by body and mind are limited
and they cannot be Akhanda (unlimited). Therefore,
graciously bestow upon me, the unfit, the tapas
with which I can remain in self as Sahaja Nishta.


430) By depending upon Your powerful divine
protection, the extroverted attention is destroyed, if
I get the darshan of seeing the self, my heart and
be in such experience of nishta by Your Grace, all
my miseries will end.

431) Ordain me to drown completely and _ well
established in the ocean of bliss of the supreme
Self-knowledge where no 'I' different from the
reality will be known and where there is neither
creation not destruction.

433) First give me the supreme nishta (samadhi) without
slipping from heart, destroy the rising 'I' and shine
beautifully in my soul like a gem fixed in gold.

434) O Lord of my soul Sri Ramana, grant me the empire
of fully ripened sahaja nirvikalpa where I shall be
established in siva-yoga-nishta, remaining as the
one existence alone where all other things will
subside.


447) The enthusiasm which rises in me to think about
other things, I do not have that much to think about
You, the heart (self) (without thinking). O
Annamalai Ramana, make me reach the heart in
Your Grace.

449) Bestow upon me Your unobstructed Grace so that I
shall give up all tastes towards the external and
abide in nirvikalpa samadhi within, and thus reach
the life in heart which shines gloriously like a Sun.

454) Establish me in the life of existence in sahaja
samadhi where I will live as a true slave and remain
fit for You, having destroyed the crooked mind and
where I cannot have an individuality.

462) Make the state of the space of the self which cannot
be objectively pointed out, attainable to me by
thinking of You and forgetting the feeling "I am the
body" abide remaining in (self) the natural state
(sahaja)

466) That which exists is only You called 'I-I' no other
thing is really existing on the other hand, if the life
in this world is valued as real, what else can this
mind get but delusion?


467) Make me reach my source, the bliss of silence and
remove my meekness that "I am so and so", the ego
in me by the sahaja-jnana that 'I am that' and
graciously unite me with You as one with You.

468) The true knowledge that You are the only existing
reality - other than You there exists nothing as
world or souls, alone is the state of perfect bliss
which is devoid of miseries. Therefore, be gracious
to bestow upon me this state.

472) Though You ever reside within me the nearest and
dearest of all, due to delusion, I think that You, my
God is residing far way from me, You dispel this
delusion and shine as I-I.

473) Give me the strength of conviction that all
wonderful new things which I see here other than
the reality of self, which ever shines as one, are
false and reveal me the truth.

475) Only when I am surrendered to You and become a
prey to Your Grace I can achieve the fearless life. If
I remain even a little as a separate individual
different from You, certainly there will be fear.
Remove my distress.

476) When will You bestow Your Grace upon me so that
nothing will be known as something other than I? If
at all I have to gain a boon, it is only this boon.
Make me understand that all other achievements
either in this world or in other worlds are mere
dream achievements.

477) If I have to attain the state of detachment nothing
should exist as other than I in order to attach
myself to it. Otherwise can the state of complete
detachment be fulfilled? O my Satguru will Your
Grace come to me and destroy the delusion that 'I
am the body' responsible for external projection.

482) I, the ego have risen up and come into living
because somehow I lost my Self-awareness. I then

has concepted (?) a body and a world for me and
get attached to whatever I see in front of me and
fear. Kindly swallow me graciously as Your prey.

483) By Your valour of Grace happily make me a prey to
You, so that I may not become a waste by going
through all poisonous paths shown by the egoistic
mind which is stubborn and uncontrollable.

484) So long as there is an apparent existence for me (as
if I am this body) my worries will not cease even a
bit. Instead of that if You have swallowed me then
what worry will come and to whom?

486) Believing the power of Your Feet which is
omnipotent I am living. If You swallow my petty
dark ignorant mind by Your Grace, | will abide in
the egoless state.

487) You have provided me in so many ways the chances
of innumerable favourable circumstances and
environments to dive within. Yet I have wasted
those chances and become extroverted. Destroy me
by swallowing me as Your prey.


488) Will You not surge up and swallow me, the petty
Jiva, giving the real duty of remaining still as the
mere existence 'I am' and not to rise again as an
attribute 'I am so and so' who performs good and
bad karmas.

491) O the Achala who resides in the heart of all but
unknown to anyone. O, the reality of the whole
universe, arrest me under Your Feet so that I
cannot rebel.

492) Making me dissolve as a salt doll and to lose my
individuality in the ocean of heart, a house which
will not give room to anyone who does not subside
(with humility) is truly within your real power

494) Except those who firmly stand on the axle (?)
(centre) of the wheel, others if (?) move away even
a little, will have to whirl around on actions
(karmas). Therefore, make me never move away
from You, the axle (?) (centre) (Hill or Self)

496) Press Your Lotus Feet strongly upon me, so that I
shall become one with You drowned well at the rock
bottom of the ocean of Your Jnana, having achieved
the complete Self-denial that the foolish pramada
(forgetfulness) will not rise again.

498) Make me reach at Your Feet, my source the state of
perfection with unfailing great effort and
enthusiasm and to completely give up all external
attachments of the mind and to abide within with
unceasing Self-Attention.

500) The darkness of sleep is the base for the
appearance of dream. So also the ignorance (of not
knowing the self) is the base for the waking state.
Unite me in the heart so that all these mental
modifications (sleep, dream and waking) will cease
(in the unmanifested state)

506) Unite and revel with me so that I shall drown in the
blissful auspicious life which results when the I am
the body idea is destroyed where no knowledge as
life of this world or in the next can exist.

..........end of part 1.........

...cont as ;part 4....

No comments:

Post a Comment