Sunday 10 April 2022

Shri Ramana Sahasram-1 (702-951)

 https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

By Sadhu Om

Obeisance to Sri Ramana Satguru

A good mind to be full of fine golden qualities, the power of having natural peace in actions and words, not involving in other's activities on any account, attending only to the Lord and thereby be happy, with the total objective of attending to the Self and knowing It. Let us pray and bow to Him for the Grace of our Guru who took the name as Sri Ramana.

........

Declaring One's Own Immaturity (apakva)

702) You have given instructions in so many ways that the mind, if seeks happiness should go back and drown in the heart.

It is only mistake of apakva,
that those instructions gave no fruit, for I have not
absorbed and observed them. Graciously rectify my
mistake of apakva.

Sam: Who is pakkva?
One who stays in his own Self.


703) I have not learnt to live as You have taught
practising Your instructions, but with the
instructions I am making others showing by the
presentation of words make me think big - and
enchant them, I have not become silent and still.
True greatness lies in sincerely following at least a
little of Your highly great gracious upadesa and be
truly benefited.

706) You are giving so many inexpressible outer
conveniences to me in order to dive deep within.
But I the useless minded one waste my rare human
life without usefully spending within, become
extroverted and roam around. Therefore, destroy
me by swallowing me as Your prey without leaving
any trace of individuality.


708) I am not ignorant of the path for You have
instructed me. Yet I am not the one who knows it,
because I have not followed Your instruction. This
ego centred crack (?) is like a foolish child who
lights a lamp and burns his own finger in the flame.
No one but You my father, can take pity on this
child and save me.



710) I am the worst of all people. I am lying at the
bottom of the ocean of virtueless maya. Hence,
except the Grace of Guru Ramana, who is none but
Shiva himself, how can I attain Jnana?

711) I do not have the strength of good virtuous tapas in
my past births. I do not have the mental strength to
do tapas at least in this present birth. Moreover I
do have bundle of sins accumulated in my past
births and a heavy treasure of unlimited vasanas.
Seeing my pitiable condition please take pity on me
and save me.


715) To Your Feet accessible to those aspirants who
patiently undergo major difficulties with painful
tapas getting requisite maturity,

 I the poor fellow
wish to get the union in the heart just by singing a
song! What a fun it is!

Sam: Way to God, Truth, Self is through Tapa. 
Mandatory.
Foolish to think cheap ways might allow you to reach the
goal.


716) By the speed of the wild forest fire, rise and taking
possession of my intellect in the dark delusion of
poisonous smoke, with the attachment to the ego,
my intellect is pushed out outwardly only and
refuses to turn inward. By the power of Your Grace,
You bestow upon me the right knowledge to my
intellect and lead me.

718) Though there is full bliss within to me, the fool this
life is blindly going in vain because I do not know
the proper path, proper discrimination, proper
strength and proper earnestness which are
essential for maturity. Be gracious.

............

724) By claiming ownership as this world is mine (?),
this is my place, these are my people, this body is
mine, this mind is mine - thus thinking that
everything is mine. I have become a victim to the
sin of the tattapakara (the sin of stealthily taking
back that which was already handed over to You).
Since all these are really Yours, what a delusive
Self cheat I am!

......

729) This ego-I thinking as if it is really existing as an
individual, wishes to attain all benefits such as
power attain all benefits such as power (shakthi)
and liberation (mukthi) remaining in this body. It
does not know that its own loss (of individuality)
itself is sakthi and mukthi. Ah! What a pity!

.......

745) If I spend all the days of my life from the time of
waking from sleep to the time of getting sleep
again - only in the useless wandering of thoughts,
in rest of my days what benefit can I get out of this
birth?

..............

767) When will my prarabdha which is the cause of the
appearance of this dream of a body and world
cease by the blossoming of the knowledge who am
I? 

 When will the Grace of my Lord Bhagavan
Ramana whose Feet sweeps off death revealing my
real nature be bestowed upon me?

...........

768) Wasting my worldly life, which is the picture
projected by the five senses, being spoilt not taking
up the true and useful who am Self-Attention, when
are You going to give me the love for the Grace and
keep at Your Feet without movement? Please tell.


769) If You give me the power to cling to self
unceasingly, what else is there to beg from You? 

O mother, father, O my gracious Guru, when will You
give me this?

770) Tell me, when will I have the eternal unbroken
sleep without rising at the shade of Your Feet,
having lost by Your Grace, the ignorance of
thinking about my body, food for the body and a
shelter for it?

771) O my Guru, the Lord, I do not know when will that
day dawn in which I will have my ego annihilated
by Your Grace? Exactly on which day You will kill
me and eat me - who is expecting You everyday as
"Ah! it will be today, it will be today!"


772) I am waiting, thinking 'Today it will be , within
tomorrow the good will happen" - When will it
happen? What will become of me when death
comes? If this body dies without knowing the
oneness of the reality, even though I have come to
You, how will Your Grace be valued?


774) Every time I think I will, from now onwards become
a proper vessel to Your Grace, thinking repeatedly,
instead of turning within diving deep, thinking as
above floating on the thought and spoilt - what a
foolish (mad) as it is?

Reworded above

Although I think turning within will be easily accomplished. 
It is but a matter of time.
In reality that day never dawns. It stays allusive.


775) Every day the Sun rises and ridicules me asking,
how is Your spiritual progress? And sets in the
evening. The whole of my life passes away like this.
Will You not reveal to me the beauty of the egoless
state?

776) Every season is changing, coming and going one
after the other. Every year is also passing away
changing along the seasons. But I do not see my
ugly mind soaked well in the worldly mud is
changed into a pure mind which can unite with
supreme whole.

777)  Lord, many days and nights have passed this
way very fast. How will it fir You who gave the
fortune of singing in praise of You, but not yet
destroyed my rising (of the births) trumpeting the
valour of Your Grace?

778) If You allow me to wander still like this leaving You
how will I become Your real slave? Tell me when
will You fix me in the Heart, removing all these
tastes of mind jugglery in which innumerable
differences appear?


779) O, Chit-Ananda-Rupa, Annamalai, ever shining
(neither day or night) the ancient Lord. Sri Ramana
Satguru, when will I merge, losing I, the ego and
become Gracefully bliss form (?) - in You, the pure
love?

780) Just like magnet attracts iron and retains it, the day
You draw my mind without movement (chalana) by
Your gracious pull, retain in You without getting me
extroverted, is the auspicious day for me.

........

782) If I spend my whole life like this, how will I become
a proper vessel to Your Grace? Will it be proper for
You by extending the days thus? O my God, who is
ever leading me through the righteous path!

.........

791) Did You fix that auspicious time and date to give me
the boon of Self-realisation I asked only at the time
of death (of the body) when my body loses all its
strength when the senses lose all their
consciousness and when the intellect (or mind) lose
its power of knowing anything?

........

792) When will You, if not today, bestow Your Grace upon
me so that my poor mind will be free from delusion,
naturally have great love towards You and will ever
revel at Your Feet without remaining away as a
separate entity.


796) Tell me, when I will walk deep along transcending
time and space, path of self-ward way where not
even a single foot print of fate can be implanted
and reach heart, the oneness of the essence of bliss
and attain the loss of all miseries.

.......

827) What can I, the poor minded one do who do not
possess not even a single good quality that is
needed to become a slave to You. O my all merciful
Lord, I completely depend only upon the valour of
Your Grace. Graciously do so!

.....

830) Having so much confidence in Your valour of Grace
that You will free me from the darkness of birth and
death, I remain here always in hope without doing
any sadhana. O my father be gracious towards me.

831) O Sri Ramana, who can reform me by any way? I
remain with the hope that You will never abandon
me. Therefore do not rise in me that may not be
agreeable to You in words, actions and thoughts
and make me abide to Your rule of Grace. Kindly do
it by Your power of Grace.

...

836) O Lord, do not reject and go away fro me
considering that I have not done great tapas ot I
have not given up all bad qualities. Touch my head
by Your divine hand, pour Your Grace upon me,
keep me always at Your Feet and You live ever in
my heart.

...

842) O Arunachala Ramana, if You angrily reject me who
has no other means but praying and begging to You
in tamil verses not knowing any other sadhana to
do, alas! I will be completely burnt by the fire of
longing for You.

..

848) The highest devotion which I should have towards
You is exactly the limitless love to remain within
 (ie in self) without rising. 

Therefore, it will only then
be true that You are protecting me when You give
me the very great one pointed love towards Self-
existence (?)

......

868) Until self is realised it is impossible to conquer
worldly maya by any effort.
 Hence the first thing to
do is, the showering of Your Grace upon me, the
foremost duty in order to realise the self.

......

869) Are You not the great giver - unasked? (?) Yet I now
beg You to graciously bestow Your Grace upon me
the existence-consciousness by which the rising of
the ego, which creates the defect of "I am the
body", puts one into repeated birth/death is totally
rooted out.

.....

871) By appearing in the form of Arunachala before my
eyes and by Your silence radiating in my heart, O
my father if the Atma Swarupa is ever unchanging
(at all the three times), Why I am ever unable to be
without break (in Atma Nishta) and movement
(chalana)?

Sam: Why am I unable to abide as the Self, despite 
your blessings?


875) By the message of truth You sent a little bit of the
fire of miseries in my mind fades away giving some
hope. But there is no way for me to go ahead until
the day in which Your benign Grace will be fully
showered one me to wash away all my longing.

876) Tell me why then shall I make any complaint to You,
if I am by Your Grace able to naturally experience
the bliss of abiding in self without attending any
other thing!

892) Is it not Your nature to wake me up from the
original sleep of the forgetfulness of self in which
the dream of this waking state is experienced by an
individual - 'I' which rises, functions ans sets?
Therefore You do the same to me.

893) If I do not get the art of Self-Attention in spite of my
staying at the Feet of Annamalai, will not the great
ones ridicule me as a blind fellow even though the
eyes are fully open.

895) If You grant me the non-rising of 'I' at least a bit, all
miseries and anxieties will end. Establish Your fame
of Grace by making this birth of mine, not as a
waste, but to be the best of births for having no
more birth.

.......

912) Is there no stock of medicine with You which will
kindle a great desire towards self and remain in the
best tapas of remaining as mere existence, with the
rising of 'I' totally destroyed?

......

920
...Graciously remove
all my defects and destroy my feeling of being
separated from You.

924) Until the blossoming of supreme silence of sat-chit-
ananda in which state nothing is experienced as
another 'I', this fool (I) is always be praying to You
unceasingly as 'Give me this, fix me in that state,
unite with me' and so on, making complaint (?).


May Your Will Alone Win

932) If a thought rises here (within me) Let it function as per Your will. Instead of praying to You as, 'this is my wish, this must be fulfilled’, let Your will alone be victorious.

933) Believing and depending upon Your Grace, I, fool
am completely indifferent towards the world. O
Guru Ramana, who can surely protect me by any
means, make me act as You please.

935) O my father, Annamalai Ramana, who is nothing
but a deep ocean of Grace ever surrounding me, as
the protecting divine force! Though there rises an
'l' by prarabdha, graciously make it live along Your
will without disobeying You.

936) If a desire rises in me against Your will, do not
fulfill it on any account. Instead of first allowing
any desire in me and then fulfilling it, destroy all
my desires at root without rising and take me as
Your slave along Your will.

937) All these days, did You not make me clearly
understand that You, my Lord is providing and
feeding me with more than what I was asking You
in verses? Now I beg You that You bestow only what
You wish.

938) No new and better benefit will be there which I can
achieve by thinking about any other worldly things
leaving You. Therefore, be pleased to provide me to
think only about You unceasingly. Concerning all
other rest of the things, You do with me as You
please in my life.

939) O my Lord, who is having me as Your possession I
know nothing. That day itself I had come to You as
a refuge. I am at peace hoping Your protection. I
am unable to do any sadhana on this hope (?).
Therefore it is totally the responsibility of Your
Grace. Is it not? So whatever You wish do it on me.

940) What I the poor fellow, ever believe and depend
upon, is Your holy jnana Feet as my sole refuge. My
Lord therefore whether You do favourably or
unfavourably whatever You act, how can I do
anything against Your will?

941) Graciously do not allow in me an 'I' to rise,
opposing any happenings according to Your will. 

If I
am bestowed upon a true love towards the life You
provide (whatever You wish) what misery will befall
on me in my life?

942) O Ramana, You have brought me to Your Feet only
by Your great compassion and will. But now You are
crushing me with the difficulties created by ego-
ghost as though You are merciless. You took me as
Your slave by Your gracious thought, whatever You
give either happiness or misery. I take it as my
fortune. Thus You know.

943) O my Lord, who appeared before my eyes in this
birth, as very rare gracious Guru whom one can
never see! O the one who has caught me , this
worst creature, by Your Grace which is far superior
than even mother's! May Your will be done!

.........

May You Alone Exist

944) No time or place can be an obstacle, if You want to bestow Grace upon me. (?). Therefore, why don't You decide to swallow me now itself? May You alone exist by taking away my body and soul as Your own so that there will be no ‘I’ to think about anything else.

945) Since my nature is knowing only other things and
not myself. With this I am ruining my self. 
Make me
experience that my real nature is knowing only Self
and not anything else but You, ever remaining as my
real nature.


946) The knowledge of my existence is only that I am
this body. This is improper. Destroy this ego
knowledge by Your Grace and You, the one alone
exists as the existence of sahaja nirvikalpa state.


947) If You destroy me in such a manner that an 'I' will
not rise, where and to whom will all these defects
(that I am lamenting) cling to? Therefore You the
ever existing, eternal one alone do exist destroying
my 'I am the body' idea to whom only these defects
are clinging to.

948) With the age old vasana, imagining that there is a
body and at the same time attaching (with desire)
with the body as I am, graciously do not allow the
first person to rise, root it out thoroughly and You
ever shine and be as Jnana.

949) By my thinking only about You and not at all
anything else, what loss will befall in this life?
(nothing). Therefore bestow me the boon of my
ever holding You and abide in self and You do exist
in the heart, conquering all vasanas within.


950) You, the dense supreme experience of self who is
immense and all pervading like the flood of on
ocean without any limit of time and space alone
survive and shine victoriously as 'I'.

951) I do not wish any more to remain like even a little
bit of ego-shadow. 

You alone exist and shine as the
real one,

 by Your Grace in such a manner that the
false 'I' can never rise again.

..................end....................


No comments:

Post a Comment