Wednesday 20 April 2022

Ramana Sahasranam-4 (209 -413)

 209 to 413

(part 1 started with 702)

https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

210) I am very poor in learning strength of mind, ability
in remaining in stone like samadhi by vairagya.
Dispel the darkness of my ignorance, encourage me
by Your Grace and make fit in order to prove Your
words declared in in upanishads

211) Giving up the highest bliss of remaining as mere
existence (self), what a foolish act this that I
mistake this body as 'I' and suffer? O my father,
Lord Arunachala Ramana, the supreme
consciousness of self, Gracefully rectify my above
defect.

212) Why did You allow me to have a desire to rise up
rather than loving the nature of quietly remaining
as the mere existence? You who know the means to
turn me within towards You kindly lead me to abide
in You, the self.

214) O my Lord Sri Ramana Bhagavan, gladly accept my
body and mind as a good instrument at Your hand
and for its movement I should not be made the
doer. To this please do not leave me a second and
You activate them as You please.

215) Let my mind, speech and body function only if it is
driven by Your Grace. Make them act along the line
of Your Grace having no liberty of their own.

218) Now I understand very well that I am unfit to bear
the wealth of Your Grace. But though my mind is
very wicked. I do not know anyone else except You
as my refuge. Therefore kindly You alone guide my
mind.

219) After I had been brought by Your Grace to Your
Feet only to be saved, what is there on my part to
do? (nothing). You Yourself do everything directly.

220) Bestowing upon me the strength (of Jnana) to be
indifferent towards every thing that happens
around me, reform my life and cool down the heat
of desires of my mind in the blissfully cool ocean of
yoga which is the real benefit of renunciation
(sanyasa)

223) When will that day dawn in which You will make me
abide in the state of self (as mere sat)? 
Make me
remain in the state of mere being consciousness
where I can know neither me as a separate entity
nor any other thing apart from me.


224) Since every thought is nothing but enemy of
happiness, none of them will give any happiness.
Therefore, destroy all thoughts which rise from the
one wicked 'I thought' and drown that root thought
within.

225) The great love towards (self) existence has
somehow taken a wrong turn and turned into desire
on worldly objects and took the form of like and
dislike towards external objects. Kindly by Your
Grace retrieve back and drown it within You.


230) “As the seer so is the seen", Hence graciously fix
me as one, the Heart which has no thought and
purna,
 with the eye of self and be one in sahaja by
Your Grace and retain me.


240) Of all the pictures in the false world appearance, 'I'
the seer is the first false one. The root cause of this
appearance is the slackness in love towards the
self; is it not? O my Satguru, since You are my real
self, graciously pull me to You.

247) Graciously rise as 'I-I' so that the worthless ego will
not rise again by Your Grace by holding me who
pray to You, praising You, weeping and begging You
lamenting like a worm with agony. Bind me with Your Feet.

254) Brahman the supreme space devoid of bondage and
liberation is nothing but the revelation of one's own
nature. Who else except You can reveal by Grace
that awareness of self shining in the heart.

260) Be gracious towards me, the poor one, so tat I,
instead of shooting the arrow of the very subtle
intellect towards worldly aims which is wasteful
effort, but to shoot it inward (self-ward) and obtain
great love at Your Lotus Feet.

263) When the body is sustained by prarabdha, thinking
of it day and night, like catching hold of a crocodile
as a raft why do I lose my path for salvation?
Separate me from this world and hold me.

.....

331) When the people in the world provide me with kind
heart all my needs is it not my duty to unceasingly
meditate upon You with sincere love? Hence bestow
upon me the true love to You.

..

340)The perfect Love towards Self is liberation. It alone
is silence and Bhakti.
 Instead of scrutinising thus
and clinging to heart, how foolish I am in thinking
that the world and its pleasures are true. Remove
my foolishness so that I shall meditate upon self.

341) The Self-Attention which You have given (taught)
alone is powerful clue and means to return along
the way I came. Graciously remove all the obstacles
of delusion on the way of clinging to Self-Attention
and bestow upon me, the swatma-Bhakti (Self-love)

342) From where the first thought 'I am the body' rises
loving to think of the source is the correct love to
cling to You and that alone is "Who am I? " and
“Whence am I?" forms of enquiry. O my Jnana Guru,
give me this love (Bhakti).

Rewrite above

343) My desire is that the love for self should gush forth
and flood, what is the loss for You if You give me
this love? 
Except You, the Sat-chit-ananda Ramana
Guru, where there can be a separate 'I' who is the
bliss of the self?

344) O Annamalai Ramana, enter into my heart in the
form of the supreme Jnana and graciously bestow
upon me the great liking to dive deep within and to
see self, giving up all other useless thoughts.

345) O Supreme Self, the light of consciousness
whomever sets down in the heart of Your good
devotees, blossom in me the flower of love to revel
in You, the self which removes all miseries of the
false mind.

346) Graciously give me the love to see You within so
that by the strength of knowing the truth that
abiding in self is the best of all the best virtuous
endeavours my useless mind will give up attending
to false things which are alien.

347) If You give me the supreme love of self, then which
thing and what for should I seek? Will even this
state ruling over heaven be equal to that?
Therefore give me the state that You should rule
over me.

349) Any second person object which appears as dual
one in front of me either within or without cannot
be God abiding within due to the love of self alone
is the real Guru Bhakti. Is it not? Give me indeed
that love.

350) Bestow upon me the great one-pointed love (for
self) so that my mind cannot have love to any single
other thing except You, the gracious Ramana
seated in my heart Lotus only then the annihilation
of the sense, 'I am the body' will take place.

351) Without losing the love towards Self due to
inadvertence (pramada). I must firmly abide in Self.
If it not (?) only for this I was longing and
lamenting for a very long time. Graciously fulfil my
desire.

.............

Praying for the true knowledge

361) You who have already taken me as Your own should make me know by Your Grace that the mere knowledge of I am (self) alone is the complete Jnana
and should make me remain ever firm in it.


364) By thinking wrongly that this seeming gross body
etc., as 'I', 1 am bound by time and place. Destroy
my bondage by making me know that the space of
pure consciousness alone is my real nature.


367) Since the dualities appear as real as the truth of the
ego, make me abide as the reality surging as ‘I am'
which is the perfect whole, destroying the false
knowledge which rises as "I am this body".

371) If I do not get the true knowledge, the actions
(karma) in this life will bind me, as if I am the doer.

Reveal to me the state of non-doer-ship and
keeping me as a mere instrument in Your safe
hands.


372) I am an (?) ignorant and dull due to the wrong
identification with the mind which always wanders
and unable to reach my imperishable immortality
that I am searching for. Reveal to me the truth by
strongly pulling me within Your Grace.

384) Until I drown in the beauty of Self and experience
it, this present life of mine cannot be understood as
a dream. 
Set Your fire of Jnana in me in order to
turn me self-ward and thus reveal Your formless
divine dance as 'I-I'.

386) Nothing (no attainment) will be equal to Jnana
awakening; The happiness of Brahma Loka Life
which is experienced like dream is also to be
treated as waste. to get such Jnana awakening
there is only one path the "Who am I?", the Self-
Attention. O my Satguru who has power to wake
me up, Gracefully wake me up.

388) By tapping (?) me up from the long Ajnana sleep,
removing me from the crores of births and life of
waking dream (Jagra swapna), awakening the self
by Your Grace, make me abide in Sahaja Nishta and
thus rise Your sceptre of Grace.

394) By Your intense union within me make firm the
consciousness of self, devoid of pramada
(inadvertence) so that I shall see the activities in
this seeming world as a mere dream, be totally
indifferent towards them and thus remain egoless.
......

398) O my Lord, by Your Grace make me unshakably
understand that whatever happens whether good or
bad is not apart from Your will and Grace 
and to
have the strength to abide in the consciousness of
the true awakening.


407) Except the state of true Jnana where the ego 'I'
does not rise, I do not want even the life of Gods in
heavens. 
All such heavens are  delusive
appearances which can be seen only after the rising
of 'I'. 
Hence what is the use of them?


411) The desire to achieve other things rises only
because of the self love. Since that desire cannot
rise when one remains in self, graciously make me
ever remain in the self.


413) (a) Feed me with the strength to turn self-ward and
ever remain in self, by making me know that
nothing can be done by my thinking and that only
abiding in self drowning in the heart is worthy of
attaining by Jiva Swatantra, having lost the rising
of 'I' and all individual efforts.

.....................end................

No comments:

Post a Comment