Tuesday 26 April 2022

Ramana Sahasranam-6 (697-802)

 https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

.......

Upadesha Undiyar verse 9

“By the force of intense feeling/thinking abidance in pure being transcending thought through love intense is very essence of supreme devotion.”

...........


700) Only by Your almighty Grace I can achieve the
knowledge of oneness of Self. For it is impossible to
attain jnana in any birth merely by the effort of my
petty intellect which is identifying the body as 'I'.

Declaring One's Own Immaturity (apakva)

702) You have given instructions in so many ways that the mind, if seeks happiness should go back and drown in the heart. It is only mistake of apakva, that those instructions gave no fruit, for I have not absorbed and observed them. Graciously rectify my mistake of apakva.

704) O father, now I clearly see that I have no real love
to Your holy Feet. Though my condition is such
instead of offering me Your true love if You still
keep me false (?) and abandon me, how much
worse will I become, I do not know (don't leave
such ) (?)

711) I do not have the strength of good virtuous tapas in
my past births. I do not have the mental strength to
do tapas at least in this present birth. Moreover I
do have bundle of sins accumulated in my past
births and a heavy treasure of unlimited vasanas.
Seeing my pitiable condition please take pity on me
and save me.

Wondering at One's Own Defect

719) It is said that "That birth alone will be the wonderful last birth in which the Satguru is seen by one's own eyes". But now in spite of my seeing You the Satguru in my present birth, I am still in this worse condition! Therefore I am unable to understand how You are going to put an end to my future births! However graciously do!

723) The spoon, though being immersed in the tasty food
throughout the day, it cannot know the taste of teh
food.So also O Annamalai Ramana, have I become
like the spoon not getting the profit of Grace in
spite of remaining all my life time at Your Feet!

Pitying For One's Own Defects

729) This ego-I thinking as if it is really existing as an individual, wishes to attain all benefits such as power attain all benefits such as power (shakthi) and liberation (mukthi) remaining in this body. It does not know that its own loss (of individuality) itself is sakthi and mukthi. Ah! What a pity!

730) I rise myself as (?) 'I am this body', then by
functioning as the body as I, making the ego to
grow, see my own self, as the separate world in
front, roaming desirous of getting the worldly
things and suffer greatly! What a pathetic life! O
Shiva Ramana, kindly arrest me (that pathetic
fellow) (?) not allowing to rise.

736) Neither surrendering to You by Bhakti nor attaining
Your Feet by the power of Yoga, nor killing the ego
by enquiry my life in this body is a useless jail life.
Is it not? Please have Your gracious glance on me.

751) There is nothing more to be done (either tapas or
the sadhana) by my own power. Hereafter whatever
I am to do, You have to make me do that tapas,
without deceiving. Be gracious. In my present weak
state please do not argue. Please do not deceive
this weaker of the weakest (?) and bind me in maya.
Be gracious.

759) Something rises from sleep catching hold of the
body as I, then as 'I am the body' in the form of the
ego, attaching with the body (many births) roam
and wander in the world (with desire) in between
repenting for that state, by thinking of You,
longingly pray facing You, "Oh, my father, Lord
Ramana, when will You withdraw me into the heart"
- thus weeping bitterly - is this the result You have
given? Graciously put and end to this rising.

765) Oh the purest! There is nothing more as new to
pray to You. So, I am again and again repeat the
same prayer which I have already made, and that
is, I cannot live without Your Grace. Therefire,
estow Your Grace by saying "Fear not" and make
me as Your own.

769) If You give me the power to cling to self
unceasingly, what else is there to beg from You? O
mother, father, O my gracious Guru, when will You
give me this?

772) I am waiting, thinking 'Today it will be , within
tomorrow the good will happen" - When will it
happen? What will become of me when death
comes? If this body dies without knowing the
oneness of the reality, even though I have come to
You, how will Your Grace be valued?

774) Every time I think I will, from now onwards become
a proper vessel to Your Grace, thinking repeatedly,
instead of turning within diving deep, thinking as
above floating on the thought and spoilt - what a
foolish (mad) as it is?

779) O, Chit-Ananda-Rupa, Annamalai, ever shining
(neither day or night) the ancient Lord. Sri Ramana
Satguru, when will I merge, losing I, the ego and
become Gracefully bliss form (?) - in You, the pure
love?

780) Just like magnet attracts iron and retains it, the day
You draw my mind without movement (chalana) by
Your gracious pull, retain in You without getting me
extroverted, is the auspicious day for me.

796) Tell me, when I will walk deep along transcending
time and space, path of self-ward way where not
even a single foot print of fate can be implanted
and reach heart, the oneness of the essence of bliss
and atain the loss of all miseries.


.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment