Thursday 21 April 2022

Ramana Sahasranam -5 (414 to 697)

 https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

414 to 

414) By repeatedly thinking nothing can be attained; By
realising that the free will that thinks should
submerge in the heart holding the self is the real
Nishta and is alone the real Sat Karya. Please
provide me the strength by Your Grace to turn
within and be still.

415) Bless me now itself so that my suffering mind
should reach Your Feet, attain the supreme Kashta
Samadhi and become Your treasure of Nirvikalpa,
well protected by You and becomes You.

417) Grant me the love to attain the siddhi of forgetting
the world picture and to ever think (aware) of the
being consciousness (chit). O my Lord I beg Your
Grace to grant me the Bhakti to love self (?).

420) What is life? Is it wandering along with the
thoughts like this? Is it not drowning within,
without the rising of even the trace of a single
thought? Therefore, rescue me by taking me back
from the three states of fixing as me in You, where I
will not get any thought of duality.

423) By Your Grace fix me on to that which shines as the
wonderful base of consciousness, so that it
becomes my Sahaja Nishta, as 'I-I', as one without a
second (advaita) and subside.

425) O Jnana Sivam, bestow upon me to turn within
(Ahamukha) which I shall reach quickly without
waste of time and where I shall enjoy undisturbed
peace at Your Feet which is the source shining
within.

428) When the water surface moves they are called
waves, when the waves become still it is ocean, so
also if the wandering mind becomes still it is self. O
my Lord, why should I wander? Still me by Your
Grace and turn me to the self.

429) The good tapas done by body and mind are limited
and they cannot be Akhanda (unlimited). Therefore,
graciously bestow upon me, the unfit, the tapas
with which I can remain in self as Sahaja Nishta.

431) Ordain me to drown completely and _ well
established in the ocean of bliss of the supreme
Self-knowledge where no 'I' different from the
reality will be known and where there is neither
creation not destruction.

443) Rob off my insincere mind take me within and feed
me the surging ocean of ambrosia of the bliss of
Your Self-knowledge, so that my heart will surge
with joy.


449) Bestow upon me Your unobstructed Grace so that I
shall give up all tastes towards the external and
abide in nirvikalpa samadhi within, and thus reach
the life in heart which shines gloriously like a Sun.

.....

460) O my master, the emperor of Jnana who shines
beyond the five Gods who perform the five
functions (creation, sustenance, destruction, veiling
and Anugraha) Grant me the state of drowning and
abiding in heart without rising again as ‘I am this'
on any cause.

463) Make my life to be the perfect empty space of
Grace with dense silence where there will rise no
necessity of thinking, speaking and doing
something by destroy (?) the rising of 'I'.

471) By Your Grace increase my desire to reach to
climax to abide firmly in self, the real state devoid
of the rising of the ego. Give me this bhiksha to
Your son.

472) Though You ever reside within me the nearest and
dearest of all, due to delusion, I think that You, my
God is residing far way from me, You dispel this
delusion and shine as I-I.

473) Give me the strength of conviction that all
wonderful new things which I see here other than
the reality of self, which ever shines as one, are
false and reveal me the truth.

475) Only when I am surrendered to You and become a
prey to Your Grace I can achieve the fearless life.
 
If I remain even a little as a separate individual
different from You, certainly there will be fear.
Remove my distress.


476) When will You bestow Your Grace upon me so that
nothing will be known as something other than I?
 
If at all I have to gain a boon, it is only this boon.
Make me understand that all other achievements
either in this world or in other worlds are mere
dream achievements.


477) If I have to attain the state of detachment nothing
should exist as other than I in order to attach
myself to it.

 Otherwise can the state of complete
detachment be fulfilled?

 O my Satguru will Your
Grace come to me and destroy the delusion that 'I
am the body' responsible for external projection.


Praying to Swallow me as His Prey

478) O my father Arunachala Ramana, a great treasure of Grace who came to me in front of my eyes, my God in the form of my Guru, I should become a prey to Your Grace. This is the judgement (?) which I want from You.

480) O the one who came as my Guru facing southward,
will You not be gracious to make all my mind and
body swallowed by You and thereby turn into the
sweet bliss of self.

482) I, the ego have risen up and come into living
because somehow I lost my Self-awareness. 

I then
has concepted (?) a body and a world for me and
get attached to whatever I see in front of me and
fear. Kindly swallow me graciously as Your prey.


483) By Your valour of Grace happily make me a prey to
You, so that I may not become a waste by going
through all poisonous paths shown by the egoistic
mind which is stubborn and uncontrollable.


484) So long as there is an apparent existence for me (as
if I am this body) my worries will not cease even a
bit. Instead of that if You have swallowed me then
what worry will come and to whom?

485) O the great giver who gave Your darshan even to
me who had no purity of mind, as per the same
gracious compassion of Yours, now make me turn
within, make me subside and swallow me as Your
prey.

486) Believing the power of Your Feet which is
omnipotent I am living. If You swallow my petty
dark ignorant mind by Your Grace, | will abide in
the egoless state.

487) You have provided me in so many ways the chances
of innumerable favourable circumstances and
environments to dive within. Yet I have wasted
those chances and become extroverted. Destroy me
by swallowing me as Your prey.

488) Will You not surge up and swallow me, the petty
Jiva, giving the real duty of remaining still as the
mere existence 'I am' and not to rise again as an
attribute 'I am so and so' who performs good and
bad karmas.


489) O the one due to great compassion towards me in
my Young age, trapped me and brought me to You,
now grant me the great love to turn within towards
You and swallow me by making me as Your own.


491) O the Achala who resides in the heart of all but
unknown to anyone. O, the reality of the whole
universe, arrest me under Your Feet so that I
cannot rebel.


492) Making me dissolve as a salt doll and to lose my
individuality in the ocean of heart, a house which
will not give room to anyone who does not subside
(with humility) is truly within your real power.


493) Having my mind calm and clear having no taste in
the world which appears, let me dissolve in You, (by
Your above power), the eternal, natural one and
become the form of supreme love, make me as (?)
Your slave to be so.

494) Except those who firmly stand on the axle (?)
(centre) of the wheel, others if (?) move away even
a little, will have to whirl around on actions
(karmas). Therefore, make me never move away
from You, the axle (?) (centre) (Hill or Self

495) Do not drive me along the ways where the mind
wants to wander, but make me act as a humble
slave of You. Unite with me in the non-dual state
where no desires but bliss alone will shine.

496) Press Your Lotus Feet strongly upon me, so that I
shall become one with You drowned well at the rock
bottom of the ocean of Your Jnana, having achieved
the complete Self-denial that the foolish pramada
(forgetfulness) will not rise again.

497) By giving me the natural bliss of self in an
undeluded (?) manner and by swallowing my false
Jiva individuality which has a stormy mind, bind me
with Your Feet by Your Grace.

498) Make me reach at Your Feet, my source the state of
perfection with unfailing great effort and
enthusiasm and to completely give up all external
attachments of the mind and to abide within with
unceasing Self-Attention.

499) Because of thinking about the world which has
risen in me by me, but is appearing as if different
from me, I feel I have been separated from You.
Kindly meet me with You as one by Your Grace.

500) The darkness of sleep is the base for the
appearance of dream. So also the ignorance (of not
knowing the self) is the base for the waking state.
Unite me in the heart so that all these mental
modifications (sleep, dream and waking) will cease
(in the unmanifested state)


501) Be gracious to bestow upon me the experience of
Brahma-sakshatkara in the house of divine bliss, so
that I shall shine as the pure consciousness without
the rising of the false ego - I.

................

506) Unite and revel with me so that I shall drown in the
blissful auspicious life which results when the I am
the body idea is destroyed where no knowledge as
life of this world or in the next can exist.

522) I myself is Your possession. Not knowing this, why
did I steal away the possessions as mine the body
and the worldly objects. You alone have the duty to
remove my ignorance not making me as a
substance apart from You and fix me in the state of
non-duality. Kindly do so.

524) I do not know the nature of my existence, I do not
know how I rise as 'I', I do not know the real love. I
do not know the nature of Your shining within as
the sphurana (why so?). Because I have faith in
Your Grace that You, my Lord know how to protect
me, who even though play and perish with the five
senses.

529) O my father, when I am alive in this body, instead of
thinking of any other things, the thought
(attending) of Your gracious Feet alone is the holy
act. The rest of the thoughts are waste. Such
thought of thinking (?) others, unceasingly only
adds up karmas. Therefore ever give me the
thought (attention to) of Your Feet.

....

534) Graciously think a little about me to give me the
great enthusiasm to take to the unbroken Self-
Attention with love and the full conviction that
attending self alone is the highest and the best of
all human endeavours.

536) O Annamalai, the great heap of bliss and peace!
Graciously think about me so that I shall live in
Your home of bliss in the form of the supreme heart
space which results, after all the vasanas are swept away.


537) Graciously think of me so that I shall remain
without thoughts in You who is the source of me,
devoid of the rising of the ego, rooting out
victoriously the vasanas rising in the foolish filthy
mind, due to past karmas.


540) Though You have taught me as clear as the daylight
that ones own Self-consciousness devoid of
objective knowledge alone is Jnana, 

I am stumbling
and tottering due to being blinded by the 'I am the
body idea'. Therefore, graciously think to save me.

...........big font


542) If You agree a little all my worldly attachment will fly away. My mind will turn self-ward fully, and will drown in the heart revelling in bliss. 543) By Your command, when innumerable globes are moving in the space in their respective paths without any clash (?), will not my petty mind disobey Your divine control? Therefore make my mind still, under Your command.


552) I am a big fool who has not learnt the art of Self-Attention, devoid of world attention and to remain ever united with You. If Your benign Grace comes upon me. All my troubles will end and Jnana will shine.


.........

563) Instead of clinging to Your Feet, why should it
depend upon the power of my intellect? Is it for
waste (?) that You have given me this birth and
have taken me under Your intense care? Please tell.

564) Is it not that “useful life" means that the mind
should drown into the ocean of heart and lose its
entity in the supreme silence? But You have allowed
my mind to be dragged along by the senses! Is it
only for this that You have given me this body life?

570) Is it simply to waste my life as a fool who does not
learn how to drown and subside in You, the
supreme whole that You have given birth to me,
and were feeding me and putting me always under
Your intense care of Your Feet? Tell me.

Except You Who is Capable?

572) Make me still and remain ever as the well established Jnana of Self-consciousness. Except You, the Satguru who else can kill the ghostly rise of my mind and make it never rise again?


588) Though entire action in my life is under the control
of prarabdha, You have given me freedom to think
of You (the self). In the same way You can be
gracious on me (?) independent of prarabdha.
Therefore, against You or me, who else or which
karma can stop to bestow Your Grace upon me?
Hence bestow Your Grace here and now.

590) Are You not that supreme guru, the absolute
supreme god, by begging to whom this petty
knowledge (the ego) which has risen as I am this
fleshy body! will subside (?) reaching its own
source, therefore bestow me losing its entity, the
biksha of the state I begged for.


603) For reasons not known (maya), with a quality of
Ahankara (I am the body) and mamakara (these are
mine), there raises a first person 'I'. However much
I prevent, it does not stop going towards (pravrithi)
extrovertedness. The power to destroy the above
rising is at Your gracious hands. Is it not? Therefore
You destroy (that rising) and save me.

613) I am living in this body uselessly wasting all my life
time. Hence You have to, by the power of Your
ocean of Grace make me reach the state of Atma
Nishta. What else can I do for my salvation here
after?

614) My mind rises to learn all these worldly arts adn
gets more and more taste. But to get to subsidein
self, the true art, (?) the mind will obey only by Your
power of Grace. It will not subside of it's own
accord.


617) You should shower Your Grace so that the desire to
attend to self changes to love (losing the form of
ego). Gracefully aim at me the Brahmastra to have
strong vichara of 'Who am I'?


619) Make me bold to destroy the rising if the abhimana
of Ahankar, the demon by the sword of Guru Bhakti
and with the shield of vairagya which is the root
cause for success.


624) O the almighty, if You ordain that "Let Your mind be
pure", my mind which has become dirty due to
filthy (attachment) will glow like a diamond and
become _sat-chit-swarupa. "Those who reach
Arunachala, however small the creature be, will get
liberation without any effort (sadhana)". Kindly,
prove these words of Yours by making it true in my
case.


625) Mistaking the body as self is the reason for the
appearance of the world-picture. In order to kill
this false notion put Your Feet in my heart and
dance as "I alone Am".

626) What is that "putting Your Feet and dancing in the
heart"? It is nothing but Your Atma-Spurana by the
power of which destroying the mind carried away
by vasanas, a play of power of Grace merging with
You.

627) Instead of ever abiding in self, the liking to know
the objects seen in front rises due to earlier
vasanas or for whatever reason, You, by the power
of Your Grace destroy it (the liking) by winning over
it. Except You, to whom I can pray for this?


628) In spite of my bowing down before You (When You
were with the body as Ramana) (?) and met Your
gracious glance, the spear of Jnana, I have not lost
my vices! Kindly use the next powerful weapon -
Mouna and annihilate me or else it is of no use.
Hence deploy the weapon of Mouna immediately.

634) May the wonderful Grace of Sri Ramana alone be
victorious! Let the strength of the fruit of my
various karmas be doomed! May the one great
sakthi (power) of the weapon of unbroken mouna
(Akhanda - mouna - sakthi) which is shining ever
victoriously be victorious in me! (?)

639) To think of that which appears as second and third
person objects (anniya) is waste. To find the source
of the 'I', he who attends the above (objects) is
Tapas. O my Lord who dragged me to Your Feet
only to turn my extroverted nature of the mind to
attend inwards (Ahamukha), please help me to turn
inward.


640) Since You are my father and mother who had given
birth to me, You Yourself should make me think of
Your Feet. I am powerless to do any sadhana to
reach You. I have taken You as my refuge and
surrendered to You. All my burden and
responsibilities are only Yours.

659) In front of the art of Self-enquiry, the sixty four
worldly knowledges become false in this world, and
established that the true Self-knowledge as the
truth, let Your Feet be a true refuge to this fool.

661) O my Satguru who is holding the sword of Self-
knowledge, by Your Grace the life of 'I am the body'
should leave or else, I will be burnt by the forest
fire of these karmas. Hence I do not have any
refuge except Your Feet.

If Your Grace Alone is the Important Factor

666) I have a life in this body still by Your Grace. Hereafter Your Grace has to provide the life where the ego is lost, ever remain in sahaja Self-knowledge.

667) Knowing that nothing can be done by me without
Your Grace and having surrendered completely to
Your gracious heart that ("Let everything happen as
per Your wish"). I am simply rising my clasping (?)
hands of prayer to You without making any effort or
sadhana on my part. Bestow Your Grace upon me.

670) "To have the darshan of Lord or self" (to see), "to
know, to merge and to unite one with him, to be
established in self, to enjoy the great happiness" -
thus say the elders. Truly what is this? Not allowing
the rising of the false appearance in the form of "I
am the body" is being told in different words. To get
this 'state of losing one's entity' is Your Grace
which is prayed for. Be gracious.

671) If I am to rise up to the higher states and get Your
Grace, You have not given me that mental strength
and vairagya! What is with me is this fickle mind
which keeps on wavering frequently. Has this mind
so much power to merge in Heart? No, the power of
Your Grace is alone needed. Kindly come and be
gracious.


672) Your Grace alone is essential to experience that
which remains, after the loss of my individuality, 'I'
and 'mine' ceases to exist and to remain firmly fixed
- there (?). Bestow Your Grace upon me.

673) Except by Your gift of Grace, to get the true life of
living established in Heart, to remain as self,
immersed in mouna samadhi (beyond words), fully
detached with the body - there is no other way.

674) Abiding and merging in Heart, not allowing the
rising of the attribute 'I am the body’, You, the
support that does not appear (externally). Be
gracious that I should dissolve and merge in You.
Except Your Grace there is no other go for me.
Hence be Gracious.

676) Your Grace alone is essential for me to have true
love for liberation (moksha). Otherwise, will it be
possible for my blunt and unripened mind to find
out, distinguish and otherwise even a bit, the
eternal from the ephemeral?

677) For me, a crazy fool, who has a small limited
intelligence which is nothing but a big ignorance,
will it be possible to learn and attain the supreme
silence, which cannot be gained except by Your
Grace. Therefore, bestow Your Grace upon me.

681) But for the Grace of compassion of my Lord Guru
Ramana, defects of this slave cannot be got rid of!
In short, this is the essence of my prayer! To do this
prayer, the true love with a melting heart is needed;
You only have the power and responsibility and
hence be kindly be gracious.

682) Without a true knowledge, thinking the world to be
real and living, taking this body as I, to keep the
body fit and strong, having crores of wasteful
thoughts day and night - (weakening day by day)
this poor idiot, Your Grace alone should provide me
true knowledge.

686) What is the use by repeatedly thinking that this
world is a mirage, a false dream or a trivial thing?
Such a thinking is only an effort made only after the
rising of ego 'I'. What benefit will it bring to me,
unless Your Grace is bestowed upon me.

687) Only Your unequal and natural Grace on me should
give me liberation, otherwise either the maturity of
my filthy mind or the sadhanas done by it cannot
give liberation. Therefore please rush towards me
and give me Your unlimited Grace.

688) The clear experience of Jnana is not attained by any
one without Grace. Therefore, O Gurunatha what
else can I do except weeping, melting an praying
for Your Grace?

689) O my Lord who fixed Your Lotus Feet well and
danced in my heart, If I obtain Your compassion on
me that alone is sufficient to remove all miseries
and to obtain all happiness. Then by Your Grace my
mind will become Your sincere slave.

691) My mean human intellect is unbelievable. It does
not have the ability to earn the wealth of Grace.
Therefore, please provide me true love to You by
Your Grace. Remove the unwanted one in the heart
destroying it, and You come in and fill as the space
of light of consciousness.

692) The unshakably (?) strong conviction in me that the
asat (the body) is sat (real existent) does not given
room to realise the truth even a little. Therefore by
Your Grace kindly blossom my heart and reveal the
truth.

694) I have not perfectly done anything as sadhana, I
have not followed Your instructions, what all I do is,
I always weepingly call You, sing and long for Your
Grace and make complaints about my agony. I do
nothing more. Kindly be compassionate towards
me.

695) I have become too weak to do any sadhana because
of the great agony I experience which is due to the
fighting against the crowd of my vasanas, Now I fall
at Your Feet as the refuge. Kindly protect me.

697) Like every effort taken by a man who is half
drowned into a loose wet mud (?) is only favourable
to be drowned deeper and deeper. Myself with the
desire of fame (of mud) by reading scriptures liking
the flattery of others. I sink deeper and deeper in
the mud. Hence by the effort of reading scriptures
one can get sunk more and more deeper (in the
fame mud) and how can I get liberation (sat-gati)?

..............697........................

No comments:

Post a Comment