Wednesday 13 April 2022

Ramana Sahasram-2 (951-999)

 https://archive.arunachala.org/docs/sadhu-om/sri-ramana-sahasram

from 951


952) Except You, the one perfect whole (poorna) there is
no other thing existing. Hence, swallow and digest
me, the ego and shine as You alone in such a
manner that the ghostly ego cannot rise at all.

953) (To a luminent object unless it has a specific place
and separate identity of insentient substance (jada),
there can be a shadow). You the self which does not
have insentient substance apart from You and has
no place apart from You and shines at all substance
and places as self, You the blossoming bright light!
Can a shadow rise? Therefore without You, where
am I? Where is a shadow like existence for me?

954) O the supreme who shines without the second as a
whole ever an auspicious thing! Here an 'I' has
risen as if something other than You as Ahankara.
Destroy this false form of him and You rise as
victorious.

955) Within Your divine rule where nothing other than
You exist apart from You, here rises as ‘I' and
‘mine', How can You allow this? Except Your
existence, how a thought form of I the disease can
rise and live? Please tell me.

956) O the one who grew up as the supreme fire of jnana
between Brahma and Vishnu, make me_ turn
towards the source. Submerge in the light of Grace
and destroy my mind which is deluded to the fleshy
body as ‘I' and You ever live as my real life.

Wondering at the Grace

960) O my Lord Ramana, the divine tiger who caught me by Your jaws open (?), Am I dead or still alive or have I forgotten You? I do not know anything. Tell me what happened after You caught me in Your jaws.

......

962) O the one who is sitting on my intellect (buddhi)
threw on me the net of Grace and instructed me
that this (egolessness) alone is the highest life!
Make me do an unfailing complete surrender to You
without any reservation.

963) How many people who had unequal powers and
intellect left away from You not knowing this! But
ah, how gracious You are who made me this mad
fellow drawing to You learn this truth.

964) My mind is not a fit vessel for Bhakti. what it
desires are only the benefit of worldly things, What
can I say about Your Grace who had drawn even
me, this fool to Your presence.

.....

966) I think proudly that I have come to only You and
that I never go to anyone else. Ah, What a fool I
am! Why did I forget that it is only by Your Grace
and that You by dwelling within me, are leading me
towards You?

967) The miracles one performs in this world which is
nothing but a tiny bubble like, will not worth even a
pie. The divine play of Your Grace which You
perform in order to turn me, the petty fellow into
the supreme Self alone is the greatest miracle, the
wonder of the wonders!

970) O, Annamalai Ramana, the King of Grace! If You
once decide, it is certain that all the vasanas of the
bad karmas of even wicked people will fade away
somehow and they will really perform tapas of love
towards You!

971) O my Satguru, shall I tell an example to prove the
power of Your Grace? You have named even all the
wrongs done by my petty ugly mind as Sadhanas
and are (?) venturing forward to give me Self-
realisation Your philanthropic (?) compassion is
very strange!

972) O my Lord when You under take the responsibility
of Your devotees and handle their prarabdha of
those who have complete faith in and surrendered
to You - the results of good or bad karmas -
Whatever they are in their prarabdha, Ah what a
wonder, they, destroying their defects act as such a
good instrument to bring about jnana in this birth
itself.

974) O the Ocean of Grace, by removing the misery of
birth and death, bestowing silent turiya state, You
have consumed so many rivers (devotees). ah, how
much do I wonder When I hear from them, the
dance You have in their heart as the love of
sphurana melting their bones.

975) O the very powerful one, just like a huge eagle
snatches away the sweetmeat in the hands of a
Young child, You have violently snatched me away
from the hands of others and brought me here. Ah,
what a wonder and how gracious You are.

976) I was born somewhere, then I grew up somewhere.
Then believing that the disease of birth and death
will be removed, I stayed somewhere. Yet, Your
great power of Grace, removing me from respective
places, by Your (avyaja) Grace, I am brought to
Your Feet - (which tread on Arunachala) of its own
accord.

977) To keep roaming extrovertedly showing different
paths and Yogas, there are thousands of ways. In
spite of that who does not have knowledge of
sastras You have drawn my mind to the path of Self-
enquiry. The power of Your gracious Feet is really
wonderful.

978) What is this that my wicked mind gets no light to
utter words when I stand in front of You to pray. Is
this the worship done by silence?

......


981) Though I am devoid of good discrimination, I am
hopeful that You will give me the boon to attain the
bliss of silence which may not be easy to be
achieved by those who have learnt all scriptures
because had I not been taken by You to live at Your
Feet?

......

983) When You are ever here and When I am ever seeing
You, what other thing will exist on earth, making
my mind getting taste (in the worldly things) and
lose the love on You? Can there be a child which
will not come running to his mother when called,
throwing away the toys? Please tell.

.985) Nothing did I renounce; nothing needs to be
renounced; there is no suffering; there is no
happiness; no loss has been ever incurred; because
there is no 'I', Oh my Lord Ramana, When You
embrace and unite with me!


You Alone Exist

986) When I well focus any attention on my rising as to how do I rise! 'I' the one who thus rise and attend is dropped down. There, You alone exist, overpowering me.

987) By attending to me as to who am 'I'? The rising ‘I’
falls down and there You alone stand shining as 'I-I',
and how an another 'I am so and so’ can exist
there? It is not 'I' (the ego) that stands (ie
experienced in Nishta) there, but only You!

988) In that state of Your existence the three states
(sleep, dream, waking) are mere void (ie not
existent), the three gunas are mere void, the three
worlds are mere void. Transcending all these, You
the self, the perfect whole (poorna), alone is the
ever existing one.

..

reword below..imp..

989) O my father who shine and attract me as an
exceptional second person object to remind to me
the first personal feeling! When I think of You as
Arunachala, You shine within me as the one great
feeling of 'I’.

......

990) Thinking You is nothing but thinking of 'I'. 

Thinking of me is nothing but the state of non-thinking. 

Even that is nothing but a vigilant attention of not rising
as an 'I'! 

Why should there be even  an effort
of being in Self-attention? 

For my mere existence  itself is
knowing myself.

reword above..last but one sentence done

........

994) Be merciful to accept even my begging prayers for
Grace with 'I', by Your Grace made with melting
heart, because I knew the great truth, that no jeeva
can perform any tapas without Your Grace.

999) Certainly, Your Grace is the sole doer for these
prayers which are sung with an aim to awaken me,
destroying the 'I' and 'mine' as the real 'I'
consciousness which is not other than the absolute
reality. (?)

..............end...........



No comments:

Post a Comment