Saturday 26 March 2022

Ulladu Narpadu- Sam version/ Swami Ramdas video

  


To Be = Reality = Heart.

................


1. World exists because I exist.

Therefore, I = nothing but the World.

All is I.

The Self.


2. Belief in  an entity gives rise to idea of Jiva, jagat, ishvar.

Idea of entity dissolves, then 3 = 1.

Therefore, to inhere in one's own Being, where the 'I' , or ego, is dead, is the perfect State.


3. Once the Self is known, the idea of an objective Universe dissolves.

notions of unity or duality are lost.


4. If you believe yourself to be a Form, the world and God will also be contemplated as a Form.

Not otherwise.

The formless I percieves/ conceives / views only the Formless.


5. What idea of the world would you have without the body?

Ponder.


6. The world is what the Mind conceives.

Else, is there a world?


7. Reality= Perfection= Non changing= eternal.

All the rest of the phenomena rise and set in it. Changing. Transient.


8. Eventually, ultimately, Reality would have to be conceived as Reality, the way it Is. 

Which is essentially without Name and form.

No matter what your initial means of conceiving it are.

Knowing yourself to be that reality, Attain Peace.

...is the way to attain peace...or more accurately the only way to attain peace.


9. The duality of subject and object and trinity of seer, sight, and seen can exist only if supported by the One

If one turns inward in search of that One Reality, they fall away. 

Those who see this are those who see Wisdom

They are never in doubt.


10. I am dnyani. I am adnyani.

Find out to whom is that dnyan or adnyan.

The only true Knowledge is that by which one knows the Self,

through enquiring whose is the knowledge and ignorance.



  1. Is it not, rather, ignorance to know all else without knowing oneself, the knower? As soon as one knows the Self, which is the substratum of knowledge and ignorance, knowledge and ignorance perish.

  2. That alone is true Knowledge which is neither knowledge nor ignorance. What is known is not true Knowledge. Since the Self shines with nothing else to know or to make known, It alone is Knowledge. It is not a void.






13. Eka tattva naama, dridha dhari mana. 

Anekatva is only a manifestation of that One tattva.


14. When idea of an entity collapses, the Self shines forth.


15. Know the present

Not past and future.


16. If we consider ourselves  to be a body, the idea of time and space would emerge.

But we are not bodies. 

So there is no time and space.


17. Unawakened thinks I = body = limited

Awakened knows I = Self  = unlimited


18. For the Self realised person, world = infinite, formless.

For the unrealised, world with name and form is real.



19.  Self = source of Destiny and Free Will.


20. If you see God you have Not seen the Self. You have seen a mental image.
If you see Self, You see God as well.

21. How can I see I?
How can Self see Self?
There is only One.
There isn't another for one to see another.

Self = God.



22. Mind is, due to the Self.
But when Mind is, Self is not (realised)
when Mind is not, Self is (realised)


23. Know from where I emerges.

24. Chitta- jada granthi = Bondage, Sansar, Sukshma sharira, Mana, Jivatma etc. 


Jada doesn't call itself I? Chitta ties itself to it and calls the 2 as 1 unit 'I'.

Know well, that this is not the real 'I'.


25. Chitta jada granthi comes into being with a Form.

It ceases when the source of I is known.

26.

Enquiry into what this I is, is the source of Surrender.



27.
I am That = state of non emergence of I.


28. By exemplary  self control, know from where I emerges.


29. Seeking the source of I = Self Enquiry.

Not neti neti

30. Self enquiry takes you to the Heart.
Then reality manifests as I-I.
That I-I is whole, Perfect.

31 To one who has reached the Heart, which is the Self..
...He is Unaware of anything besides the Self.

Na kinchit vanchati, na shichati...na ramate notsahi bhavati..
stays with the thought of her beloved...not aware of anything else
even a drop of a pin...unwelcome.

32 Tatvamasi is for those of a weak Mind.
To meditate ..I am That ..not this..
..no ..do not do that...

Instead, investigate what One really is...and remain as That.


33. The Self is always realised. 

Only One Self exists.
There is no ...another unrealised Self.
That concept does not exist.

34. The unawakened fails to recognise the Truth.
Truth = Reality= Heart

That truth , that reality is the only truth and Reality ...and is with one always.
In fact, he is That..always, all the time.

Abide in it.
In fact you can only Abide in it.
You cannot abide in anything else.
It is not possible.

Only Ram. There just is no A-Ram.


35. Abiding in that Reality = The only true Attainment.

Rest is straw.


36. I am a man is obvious.
Similarly, I am the Self is obvious.

Do you need a re-assertion? Why?


37. Whether you are in the 'process of realising' the Self or having 'realised' the Self. you are still...always the Self...at any juncture.
Realise this.

38. When you Realise  the Self, you know that you are Not the Karta.
Knowing that you are not the karta, the 3 karmas burn instantaneously.

That is Jivan mukti, moksha.

39. If you imagine yourself to be Bound...you will have ideas of Bondage and Liberation.

Once you realise the Self, you will know there is no one bound and hence no one to be liberated.

40.  3 types of liberation?
with form
without form 
with and without form?

....no...

Go beyond these. 
that is Liberation.

..................................................end.....................


Swami Ramdas: From video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJoHycm2q48&t=1019s

16:00

When Grace comes to us, we pay the full price.

Sam: without full price...it is impossible.

...You must sever yourself completely ...then I will give you darshan.

Unless I give you the Grace you cannot turn completely...you cannot pay the full price..

But full price has to be paid.

19:00

..how to say things are difficult...the mystery of Grace baffles.

20:54 You do not do it by your will. It is by His will..that you are doing it.

His Will. His power.

be conscious of that...that you are doing everything due to His Will...his Power

He must give us the urge...He must lash us into doing it.

He takes possession of you.
You cannot resist.

So He captured Ramdas.
Ramdas was helpless in His hands.

He had to go into solitude. 
People said there are tigers.

That did not deter Him.
His command was stern. He had to obey.

He was adamant not by his will  or power.
He was under the Power of Grace...just helpless.

...Mangalore...left
Flung like a stone...where he would fall he had no idea.

that way God took hold of him and possessed him.

 24:31

Unless a man is so possessed by God...he cannot be.

That is called Grace.

Grace takes complete possession of you...so much so that you cannot go left or right.

You have to go His way. you cannot help it.

....................

https://www.davidgodman.org/lakshmana-swamy/

Laxman Swami

On one of the days of my visit I was standing by the main ashram well. Bhagavan was sitting nearby on a bench outside the hall where he usually slept, listening to a group of brahmin boys chant extracts from the Vedas. As I looked at the scene in front of me the world completely lost its solid, substantial reality

I became aware that everything I was perceiving in that scene was nothing more than a dream-like projection. 

This experience gave me the certainty that everything in the world, including the body of Bhagavan that I was concentrating on, was unreal. 

As I gazed at the scene I had the knowledge and the experience that the real Ramana Maharshi was not the dream body I saw before me, it was the formless, effulgent Self that I had experienced on the dried-up lake bed in Gudur. 

This experience soon passed away though, leaving me in my former state.

There were only a few devotees present at the time. I went up to Bhagavan and made a full prostration in front of him. When I stood up, Bhagavan looked intently at me for a few moments. I withdrew and went to look for a place where I could do self-enquiry and not be disturbed by the other devotees. I selected a pillar that was outside the door that Bhagavan had entered through and sat down in front of it. Though I was outside the hall, Bhagavan could still see me from where he was sitting. Shortly afterwards I saw Muruganar taking a seat close to Bhagavan. I noticed that other devotees were entering the hall. After a few minutes Muruganar came and sat down next to me. A few other devotees came and sat near us. I closed my eyes and began to do ‘Who am I?’, the quest for the Self.

Within a few minutes I found that all thoughts had disappeared except for the primal ‘I’-thought. 

The question ‘Who am I?’ then spontaneously appeared within me.

 As it did so, the gracious smiling face of Ramana Maharshi appeared within me on the right side of the chest. 

There was something like a lightning flash that resulted in a flood of divine light shining both within and without. Bhagavan’s face was still smiling on the right side of my chest. It seemed to be lit up with a radiance that exceeded innumerable lightning flashes rolled into one. The bliss and joy these experiences gave me brought tears to my eyes. A torrential flow welled up within me and rolled down my face. I was unable to control them in any way. 

Finally, the ‘I’-thought went back to its source, the internal picture of Ramana Maharshi disappeared, and the Self absorbed my whole being.

 From that moment on the Self shone alone and the ‘I’-thought, the individual self, never arose or functioned in me again. It was permanently destroyed through the grace of my Guru in his holy presence.

I remained absorbed in the Self, without body consciousness, for about three hours. The experience was so intense, even when I opened my eyes I found I was incapable or either speaking or moving. The realisation had caused an immense churning within the nervous system, so much so that when body consciousness returned, I felt extremely weak.

When I was finally able to register what was going on around me, I noticed that everything was perfectly normal. Bhagavan was still sitting on his couch and all the assembled devotees were pursuing their normal duties and activities. My tears and my loss of consciousness had not attracted any attention at all.

...................

I would spend hours and hours each day sitting in my room in a thought-free state in which I had no awareness of either my body or the world. This tendency to withdraw into the Self became stronger and stronger as the weeks and months went by.

.............

 I felt intuitively this was a sign that Bhagavan was dead or dying. I felt a strong urge to go to the ashram, but before I could leave I lost awareness of the world and I became wholly absorbed in the Self for a period of about two or three hours. Consciousness of the world returned shortly before 9 p.m. when I heard a great noise coming from the ashram. I knew then for certain that Bhagavan was dead. I rushed to the back gate of the ashram, the nearest gate to his room, only to find that the police had already locked it.

By the time I made my way into the ashram by the front gate, Bhagavan’s body had already been removed from the room where he had died. It had been put on display outside it. Later that night, when most of the grieving devotees had left, it was taken inside the new hall.

I had seen Bhagavan for the last time earlier that day. On that occasion, as we looked into each other’s eyes, I experienced such a strong wave of ecstatic bliss, I became completely oblivious of my surroundings. Now, seeing Bhagavan’s lifeless body, I experienced very little emotion. People were crying all around me and my first reaction was that I too should shed a few tears for my Guru. But no tears came. I was unhappy that Bhagavan had died, but at the same time I was unable to cry or participate in the sorrow of the other devotees because I knew that nothing had really happened. I knew that Bhagavan was the Self before he gave up the body and I knew that he was the same Self afterwards. Filled with this awareness that nothing had really happened, I left the thousands of grieving devotees and silently returned to my room.

.......................

I spent most of my time in my room in a state of deep samadhi in which it was impossible for me to pay any attention to the body’s needs. 

.....................................end.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment