Sunday 19 June 2022

Notes

 https://allpoetry.com/Mirabai


A state of non understanding is exclusively due to Sin.

Each and every time M becomes extroverted it reaches only filth.

A great skill is required to keep M within the Self.

You are the Self. 

Only exceptional calm, non hankering, non possessing, no inclination, no searching, no sankalpas, no sankalpanas can make you reach it.

There is zero chance otherwise.

Know that well.

Know that very well.

Know that very very well.


Yes to search for fire...you reach the wood first.

To search for I-I...you reach I first.


When wood...its shape and form starts to reduce, burn

The fire is revealed.

Never is it revealed when its form and shape stay intact.


Knock on wood.

To reveal the fire.


Knock on sesame.

To reveal the oil.


Knock on the non existing I

To reveal the Real I. I-I.


Essence is always very little.

The particulars are aplenty...exhaustive..tiresome...for no reason. ...non ending..useless

..and always without essence.


Your guide is...your path is..getting rid of the habit of objectifying...form objects shape..evil.

..Right away should you rebel..knowing these concepts will only lead to your downfall.

Guaranteed.

For existence lies in formlessness.

Not in Form and Shape.


I value my emotions, sentiments so deeply.

Yet all what they are - chidabhasa

An abhasa. nothing else.

they are non existent. 

Stop dwelling in non existence.

This should be the first and foremost Tapa.

What use are other tapas, without this basic understanding?

..........

Whole is pure.

Part is impure

Fragment is sin

Piece is sin

Divisibility is due to sin.

A continuous whole unfragmented, no scope of division, is purity in itself.

One when Only One, stands.

When reflected Falls.

When divided, Self Destructs.

When seen as multiplicity

Has already prepared itself for Self doom.


A great, great phenomenal amount of sattva is required to hold on to the One and One alone

As One.

As is.

As Is.


What tremendous maturity is required to hold on to the one as one alone.


That muni is blessed with a radiance of a thousand Suns.

He Alone is blessed.


Rest are born only to suffer.

Only to get slapped by the waves of prarabdha 

To get washed ashore like rotten flowers of the disposed off garlands.

For that's the destiny of the unawakened.

No matter in which realm.

Suffer... weakling... suffer.

You are just an object, a character in God's wonderful Lila.

The laddle never tastes the ghee

Although immersed in it all it's life.

The ignorant never taste a speck of the peace of Bliss

not knowing their essential nature as bliss.


holding on to the one

wirthout objectifying

without the concept of shape and form

To Love God as He is

Purely as He is.

Without the polluted imagination

and superimposition of the form of my petty intellect.


For shape and form are corrupt.

Absolutely. Always.


nirakar dhyan maryada

..........

The heart of Mira is entangled
In the beauty of the feet of her Guru;
Nothing else causes her delight!
He enabled her to be happy in the drama of the world;
The Knowledge he gave her dried up
The ocean of being and becoming.
Mira says: My whole world is Shri Krishna;
Now that my gaze is turned inward, I see it clearly

...........

https://allpoetry.com/Mirabai

mira poems

Listen, my friend, this road is the heart opening,
kissing his feet, resistance broken, tears all night.

If we could reach the Lord through immersion in water,
I would have asked to be born a fish in this life.
If we could reach Him through nothing but berries and wild nuts
then surely the saints would have been monkeys when they came from the womb!
If we could reach him by munching lettuce and dry leaves
then the goats would surely get to the Holy One before us!

If the worship of stone statues could bring us all the way,
I would have adored a granite mountain years ago.

./.

In my travels I spent time with a great yogi.

Once he said to me.



“Become so still you hear the blood flowing

  through your veins.”



One night as I sat in quiet,

I seemed on the verge of entering a world inside so vast

I know it is the source of 

all of

us.

....

This infamy, O my Prince,
is delicious!
Some revile me,
others applaud,
I simply follow my incomprehensible road.
A razor-thin path

but you meet some good people,
a terrible path but you hear a true word.

Turn back?
Because the wretched stare and see nothing?
O Mira's lord is noble and dark,
and slanderers
rake only themselves
over the coals

The heart of Mira is entangled
In the beauty of the feet of her Guru;
Nothing else causes her delight!
He enabled her to be happy in the drama of the world;
The Knowledge he gave her dried up
The ocean of being and becoming.
Mira says: My whole world is Shri Krishna;
Now that my gaze is turned inward, I see it clearly

That dark Dweller in Braj
Is my only refuge.
O my companion,
Worldly comfort is an illusion,
As soon you get it, it goes.
I have chosen the Indestructible for my refuge,
Him whom the snake of death
Will not devour.
My Beloved dwells in my heart,
I have actually seen that Abode of Joy.
Mira's Lord is Hari, the Indestructible.
My Lord, I have taken refuge with Thee,
Thy slave.

I am infused in the Lord's hue, O friend.
Pray, get my garment dyed in five colours
so I may go and play in the arbour.
within the alcove I will meet my Master;
Shedding all falsity, I'll sing in joy.

The sun will perish, so too the moon;
Earth and sky will exist no more.
Air and water will also go;
The Eternal alone will there be.

Of surat and nirat make the lamp,
And let thy longing be the wick.
In this lamp pour the oil from love's mart;
Day and night it will keep burning bright.

They write letters whose spouses are afar.
My Beloved resides in my heart;
I need go nowhere to search for Him.

I live not with my parents,
Nor with my in-laws.
Ever do I live in the Word
My Master blessed me with.

Not mine nor thine is this house, O friend;
Mira lives absorbed in the Lord's hue.

....
Strange are the decrees of fate.

Behold the large eyes of the deer!
Yet he is forced to roam the forests.

The harsh crane has brilliant plumage,
While the sweet-voiced cuckoo is black.

The rivers flow in pure streams,
But the sea makes them salt.

Fools sit on thrones as kings,
While the wise beg their bread.

Mira's lord is the courtly Giridhara:
The king persecutes the Bhaktas.
,.

I remember how my mother would hold me.
I would look up at her sometimes and see her weep.

I understand now what was happening.
Love so strong a force
it broke the
cage,

and she disappeared from everything
for a blessed
moment.

All actions have evolved
From the taste of flight;
the hope of freedom
moves our cells
and limbs.

Unable to live on the earth,
Mira ventured out alone in the sky -
I write of that journey
of becoming as
free as
God.

Don't forget love;
it will bring all the madness you need
to unfurl yourself across
the universe.
..........

The one I longed for has come home;

The raging fire of separation is quenched.

Now I rejoice with Him, I sing in bliss.

The peacocks at the cloud's roar
Dance with unbound joy;
I rejoice in ecstasy
At the sight of my Beloved.

I am absorbed in His love;
My misery of wandering
In the world has ended.

The lily bursts into bloom
At the sight of the full moon;

Seeing Him, my heart blossoms in joy.
Peace permeates this body of mine;
His arrival has filled my home with bliss.


That very Lord has become my own
Who is ever the redeemer of His devotees.
Mira's heart, scorched by the blaze of separation,
Has become cool and refreshed;
The pain of duality has vanished.

......

I am true to my Lord,
O my companions, there is nothing to be ashamed of now
Since I have been seen dancing openly.

In the day I have no hunger
At night I am restless and cannot sleep.
Leaving these troubles behind, I go to the other side;
A hidden knowledge has taken hold of me.

My relations surround me like bees.
But Mira is the servant of her beloved Giridhar,
And she cares nothing that people mock her.

....

Strange is the path when you offer Love:

Do not mention the name of love,
O my simple-minded companion.
Strange is the path
When you offer your love.
Your body is crushed at the first step.

If you want to offer love
Be prepared to cut off your head
And sit on it.

Be like the moth,
Which circles the lamp and offers its body.

Be like the deer, which, on hearing the horn,
Offers its head to the hunter.

Be like the partridge,
Which swallows burning coals
In love of the moon.

Be like the fish
Which yields up its life
When separated from the sea.

Be like the bee,
Entrapped in the closing petals of the lotus.

Mira's lord is the courtly Giridhara.

She says: Offer your mind
To those lotus feet.

.......


No comments:

Post a Comment