Tuesday 23 January 2024

What is really Self Enquiry

 It means surrender of the 'concept of an entity'.

It follows surrender of individuality, personality, likes , dislikes.

Wants, desires.

They have no place in Self Enquiry.

Nisarga: you will get atmadnyan-

If you only Want That 

And nothing else.

This 'nothing else' is important.

Which means absolutely no distraction towards the non Self

No activities, interests of anatma, avidya

As anatma, avidya equates with 'sankat', total destruction.

If you can Abide as the Self, no other sadhana is reqd

B to A

....

prob is we are distracted

why ...due to vasanas

which means concepts

we have spiritual ADD is the prob.

.....

Tendency to forego everything

 and be in the hands of prarabdha = superlative

The Best sadhana

very few can do it.

only the select few

the ones who have extra ordinary amounts of sattva can do it.

For the rest it is millions of miles away.

Just a dream or a figment of imagn

or something they will ask;

whats the use doing it.

ill do sadhana instead.

they are the ones who have no clue what sadhana is

and shall never do sadhana in a million years

they will complain, complain, complain

life after life

golden opportunities will come and go.

but they will remain kupa manduk- a frog in the well

the classic crow from YV

one who knows, senses what is sadhya, he does the requisite sadhana 

as he alone knows what it constitutes.

.......

man's hypocrisy is at the core of all his problems

again and again he only falls back to diff levels and types of hypocricy

he knows in his sub conscious what games he is playing

but a man without the requisite amounts of sattva is bound to be his own enemy for eons

he has no choice.

......

once he knows God is the doer,

his anxiety should cease.

Prarabdha should so naturally and spontaneously be treated as the Gift of God

in fact not doing that

and making some planned intellectual effort shows 

chronic non understanding.

be simple 

simpler than the simplemost.

so an exercise find which is the simplest thing.

and try to be simpler than that

which means more insignificant 

lower than that

humbler than that

more useless than that.

you have to be a lot more useless than the most useless fellow you have met

to be loved in the eyes of God

For only then can the almighty's eyes be your eyes.

else you will have the eyes that 'seek'

which are the ignorant's eyes.

Do you not know that ' You are the Sought?'

If you dont realize that, many lifetimes of miseries await you.

..

The one who is the doer, naturally becomes the sufferer.

He cannot save himself from the agonies that follow.

One who has given up doership 

stays atma trupta

Abides as the Self.

..

the one who has not changed himself 

wants to change the world.

for the one who has changed himself,

there is no world.

........

even he doesn't exist.

so what to do

'with what' and 'to whom'.

when  these concepts have themselves vanished.

..

God make me more insignificant and thereby lighter than a dried up fluttering leaf.

Else How could I be carried away by the wind of your grace.

Heavy loaded Sinner that I am 

with concepts and precepts

And stubbornness

And a donkey load of abnormalities,

By Your Grace turn me humbler than a worm,

lighter than a dust particle of an idiot's feet.

For that's where I truly belong.

because I have sinned.

Life after life due to non understanding/ ignorance.

...

Ignorance is rust. 

Whatever i shall find in that tool box, 

will only be rusty and thereby useless.

god, please give me that simple wisdom 

to understand something so simple.

despite this awareness, why do I keep accessing the rusty toolbox, to scoop out an arrow of intellect.

It shall not serve my purpose.

How do i still not allow myself to be aware of that?

..

Why despite tall talks of surrender

repeatedly, over and over again

I seem to be doing exactly opposite of that?

What's this bad evil spell on me

who cast it?

Please drive it away with your mercy, O Lord Ramana.

..

I am hard like a stone, nay like a diamond.

How can my heart melt? 

Unless you scorch it with the blazing fire of your Grace.

Burn me Punish me O Lord 

to be fit to flow with your gaze 

as it moves, when it moves.

I have stayed like a stone far too long.

Stubborn and obstinate with my precepts.

those precepts have disallowed me to flow in your river of grace.

Where so many others were carried by you to the ocean of enlightenment 

Only because they had the wisdom to melt

In you.

Lord Ramana , when shall you give that wisdom.

To be light, so that I may see the Light

That you really are.

.........

My Likes, My desires, My needs, My convenience.

yes.

My obstinacy, my inability to change

Has single - handedly destroyed me

Although I might blame the world

And even You, O Ramana

Why not?

for a sinner that I am, what better can I do?

A man with food poisoning only 'pukes'

Whether he wishes to or not.

Slap me, scorn me Destroy me O Ramana

For if I remain,

Its only a poisonous wriggling insignificant worm that remains

which is of know use to anyone,

Even itself.

Which questions the purpose of it coming in to existence

every moment.

Wouldn't that indirectly mock you, O Ramana? 

Why would you allow that in the kingdom of your Grace?

So Ramana, obliterate that worm 

Just like a patient is euthanised by a compassionate doctor.

Do not delay

In the least.

Even by a moment.

For I have suffered too long.

Too long

Way too long.

Ramana, do not win the award of the most merciless king in the world.

That is not your style.

..

When the personality pops up

Its the pestilence that pops up.

..

when I pops up, 

its the end of everything.

The one who has gained that wisdom, verily watches from where that scornful, regrettable I pops up again and again

like an infestation that refuses to go.

Watching from where that I comes,

Is tantamount to closing the hole from where it rises, 'forever'.

These are the teachings my merciful Anna taught me.

Watch watch watch...with all your vigilance\

with all your might,

From where that I springs.

So that it might never rise again.

A girl madly in love with a boy wishes that the other girl he is attracted to, never existed.

'She' is the source of all her misery.

every moment of her existence.

Ramana, that other girl correspond to the feeling of this entity 'I'.

This 'other I' should go.

Its source will have to be scorched out 

by non stop vigilant attention

Also called by a holy name of Tapas.

This is what you taught me Ramana.

So why do you not give me the wisdom and strength 

To reach that Source.

From where that evil I springs.

Why do you wait?

That 'waiting', that 'Pause' is so unnerving,

So inappropriate.

Do you not see that O Ramana?

Do I really have to make a fool of myself with my childish blabber-

to request You to 'stop' 'waiting'/ 'pausing'?

For how can I ever articulate those words properly?

A dimwit that I am.

Even the most heartless person has a compassion to help a toddler

 who repeatedly falls off the stairs.

Where is Your compassion, Ramana?

..........cont.........

Make me lighter than a feather. 

The sharp arrows of personality, individuality come to tear my own flesh from within me.

To surrender means to pay no heed to them

Then they shall dissolve in their own potion.

Let me not have any favourites and non favourites.

No likes, dislikes.

No favourable, unfavourable.

Let me have tremendous patience

'sheela'.

Best sheel = sahan sheela

whether I'm under a tree or in a cave,

let me remind myself 

that by Your grace, even these days shall pass.

only you are the saviour.

none else.

take no one else's help.

If I do, let me have the presence of mind to know,

That I shall the perish.

its obvious.

to a man of wisdom.

.......

with my mind scattered I'm akin to a ball of puffy cotton.

but by disciplined training, its become taut to be made a garment of.

..........

what is grace

what is atma

they are the same.

they are that which abide everywhere.

every moment.

in every minute particle

its the light which lights the light.

.........

.....

Prarabdha = god's choice 

to train you in a specific way.

Because otherwise you will not learn

the very simple things 

That Nature offers to teach

...

that which exists everywhere is atma.

that which exists everywhere is grace.

Which means god's most merciful vision.

......

Only He exists.

So all what happens,  is what He does.

So why do you interfere?

Why do you have the urge to interfere?

Can you be quiet?

Try.

No pull. 

No complain. 

No resistance.

No whisper.

isn't that mauna?

....

Can you stay like a fluttering leaf 

That doesn't flutter on its own.

But flutters only due to prarabdha/ Grace flowing through it.

Can you be unmoved like that?

.....

Mauna is the wisdom that transpires from your core to the surface,

When you know that you are not the doer.

...

Is your Love Pure?

Love for 'Another' is Always impure.

Love for the Self is the Purest form of Love.

A Love that doesn't spring from anywhere.

And doesn't reach any particular object.

A Love that is Full, Perfect. 

Which is nothing but Being or Existence personified.

A Love that cannot cease,

By making attempts to cease it from emerging.

A dad can force her daughter to stop meeting a guy.

But he cannot make her not think of him.

Even she doesn't have that ability to cease thinking of him.

That Love is Grace.

Which is born of Wisdom.

When the clumsiness of personality,  individuality vanishes.

Due to the kindling of the Inner Fire.

......

Wants, desires  Plans 

Are for the 'lowly'.

For the ones who have not been introduced to the Inner Grace.

They waddle through knee deep waters

As if they are crossing oceans of Purushartha.

They only make a fool of themselves in the eyes of the wise.

Watch them waddle through knee deep waters with a sense of purpose with a life jacket on.

The dirty, muddy waters gnarling down their throats due to their stupidity.

Pity them. 

Ignore them.

There is nothing to learn from them.

A Wise man should refuse to look at them.

...........,

Where do they reach with alltheir planned efforts?

Just on the other side of the gutter.

But blind are they.

They write novels and blogs as to how they crossed the ocean.

And fools are greatly impressed by their vocabulary.

......

My Ramana breathes for me.

My Ramana feeds me.

Even when I stay hungry. 

My Ramana plans for me and takes care of me.

.....

The point is 'Only Ramana' takes care of me.

Not even me.

Intelligence is knowing that I cannot take care of me. Only He can and He does.

Wisdom is 'being able to Abide by that Truth'.

....

The personality pops up to demand ' me and my sadhana'.

That is a kind of ignorance.

 A very discreet kind of ostentatiousness.

Of a subtle kind of self deceit.

.....

Trace the I, the thief back to its source .

That is sadhana taught Ramana.

All else is futile.

When you have an idea of what sadhana is, it's essentially a wrong idea.

...

Aham far higher than even Om,

Taught Ramana.

I I I.....I I

That's all

All else futile.

.....

Practice till the I is denuded of its excrecenses.

And gives way to the Real I.

....

All your cares and concerns confirm only 1 thing. You have not understood the basics.

......

'Nirmala' is the norm.

Mala removed is the criteria.

 ...

To put yourself in the hands of God is wisdom.

.,..end....


No comments:

Post a Comment